Running from the obsolete, 'Prioritise Pleasure' is a one of a kind pop album. Self Esteem is bringing interesting production, also great combination of instrumentals, a lot of incredible vocal performance and supreme energy. There's a fine line in this record going between a confessional album & a surreal voyage with political nuance. The main road is of course a pop one, Rebecca Lucy Taylor is a brave artist and you can tell, she's not afraid to go in uncomfortable places, while she's doing that, she's surfing in many waves at the same time, acting as someone who understand the power that she has.

Some walls are put up in some tracks, they tend to break easily, crazy transitions manifest, vocals that doesn't exactly match the rhythm, some random guitars, the amazing use of drums (which reminded me a bit of Kanye in early projects).This album is deconstructed club, electropop, indie pop, experimental, dance pop, synthpop, art pop and a whole lot of other subgenres. Also it doesn't get boring even if for a second, it's so overwhelming sometimes, monumental moments like 'Prioritise Pleasure' and 'I Do This All The Time' are great examples of that. One other thing I noticed is how even in some simplified beats there's a care to detail, that's very special, this album is special.
Oct 24, 2021
I totally agree with this. It’s a masterful pop record. Even though I might understand it’s not for everyone, I don’t believe the critics are crazy at all, I think this score is deserved.
Oct 31, 2021
Não poderia concordar mais!
Nov 17, 2021