Hashir - In Limbo
Jan 12, 2021
Hashir's "In Limbo" may be an unknown specimen, but it doesn't markdown on the true quality it has within. Although derivative to a lot of different catalogs of music I've heard, I believe it takes some of the best parts of what I like and melds it together into a serene and simplistic EP.

Hidden Gems EP. 1

Brief Intermission Before Review: Hey! It's been awhile. 1 week gone from this site is quite a bit for me, but yeah, I'm back. I got pretty burnt out of reviews as I've been doing daily reviews since September, but I'm back on it now. Anyways, this is a new series I'll be doing. Obscure albums with 50 or less ratings that I believe to be great. Will take suggestions! These are all my personal opinion so if you don't like them, then you're wrong! Anyways, hope you enjoy.

A calming breeze from your fan goes down your spine, you're laying in bed alone and the only sounds heard is this EP is this, your fan, and the sound of air coming through your vent at around 2 am. That's the perfect condition/environment you should be in when you listen to this album.

The best way to describe this project is tranquil. Production simplistic yet sophisticated, and angelic vocals, it lives up to it's own name "In Limbo".

To give some backstory to this artist, Hashir is a young man who is also a very small artist. Notably known for his song "Down". An obvious influence from the artist "Joji" which is one of my favorite artists. He provides a slight twist to his music where it isn't complete copying at all, which at times I do believe he outperforms his competition, my opinion though. Although I prefer "In Tongues", sonically, this is better to than that.

The production is much more refined and the vocals are more realized. One thing I can really give this EP is that it has cohesion, and never really goes off track either. It's a great experience all the way through. It's an EP that I can go to for a serene experience, and never seems to fail to calm me down. Lets me be alone in my thoughts, thoughts broadening. Before the making of this review, I've actually been planning on making this since the 3rd of January. But I just kept pushing it back, and ended up not even posting anything at all. This fully allowed me to listen to the EP around 20 times, being able to realize it's beauty. I can't stress enough how much I love this, it's really hard to put into words. Every single song doesn't fail to strike me each time. And it won't.

The slow, intricate nature to all of the tracks piques my interest not because of how unique it is especially to what this is deriving from but also how amazing the detailed production is to really brighten up that experience. To my knowledge, all of this is self-produced/written, which is very impressive coming from a young artist with very little experience. I think with lots of time Hashir can become one of my favorite artists as he's currently riding and almost co-leading a wave of music I personally love the most. The music he's been releasing recently have just been getting better and better with increasingly great production and vocals, and it really lets me appreciate what we have with "In Limbo" as it's his debut, his starting point, something you look back on and say about the artist about how much they've improved. Something you can compare to their newer project and say how much they've grown not only as an artist but as a human being. This EP has a lot of heart, a fulfilling experience of love and hate, with detailed instrumentals and heart-warming performances, and from looking at what the artist's been doing, I feel he's only been going up, and I can't wait to follow along the journey of his brand new career, and I hope someday he get's the recognition he truly deserves.

79/100
Jan 12, 2021
Hope y'all didn't forget me when I was gone!
hah joji
Jan 12, 2021
Matt who? Never heard of him
Matt? Huh? Who? Nice to see ya back
Jan 12, 2021
Love this review!! Glad to see you starting a spectacular series!! :)
@Cry Thank you!!
Jan 12, 2021
Yeah idk who this Matt guy is either probably uses RYM
Jan 12, 2021
Congrats on winning breakout reviewer of the year Matt!
@Chode Thank you! You deserved it more tho
Jan 12, 2021
Nah Matt you did, goated reviews
Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations on winning breakout reviewer of the year! :)
Jan 12, 2021
@Chode Shut up, you should've won for your name alone
@Cry Thank you! you deserved it more tbh as well, you're still THE MOST underrated reviewer imo
Bicep - Isles