YUKIKA - Soul Lady
Dec 23, 2020
It isn't K-Pop, it's Yukika-Pop!

I have finally decided to listen and review this album. A lot of questions ran through my brain before listening. Is it overrated? Is it everything people say it is? Does it push the boundaries of K-Pop? Could something like this even come impress me in the slightest bit?

Oh yes, it does! She wasn't wrong when she called herself the Soul Lady!

You've gotta admit, this is a feel good album. This is definitely a staple in the genre of K-Pop, and really thinking about it now, a staple in synth-pop, nu-disco, and dance-pop! I'm not going crazy, it's that good. There's just something so mesmerizing about this project that I really have grown to love in just a few listens. The album is cohesive all the way through. Tracks don't exactly meld together, but when listened to back to back, they still feel interconnected with each other. The production on here is absolutely immaculate. Just from the starter track "From HND to GMP" it starts with phenomenally beautiful strings, but then smoothly transitions into a more poppier/bubbly production with "I FEEL LOVE". The quality of this production maintains itself throughout the whole project, which is a great thing. It has this way about it where it sounds nostalgic but also modern-day at the same time.

Not only the production is a star in this, but Yukika herself is a star. Literally.

Her vocal performances sounds like it came straight from heaven! When I think dynamic duos, I think you know Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, me and TomBejoy or Eliiscool5, but now I think of Yukika and her production! They bounce off each other perfectly! There's no one star in this performance, they both do their jobs very well, never outperforming each other. She doesn't use her vocal ability too over the top, she doesn't stay too quiet or anything, she found a great balance of calm/serenity and confidence in herself, and I absolutely adore this style.

One of the problems I have with the genre of K-Pop is that either the song-writing is bad, production is bland, and sounds gimmicky overall, but Yukika went over that and set the bar for the genre so much higher. She set it so high that I don't believe any artist in this industry will be able to top it for awhile, and I have to give props to her.

This is an absolutely amazing album from Yukika, and saying that I was impressed is an understatement because I can't really imagine any K-Pop project being better than this.

You've done it Yukika! I'm a Stan now!

Favorite Tracks: I FEEL LOVE, Soul Lady, Yesterday, Pit-A-Pet, SHADE, NEON 1989
Least Favorite Track: None

85/100
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO

STAN YUKIKA

*insert fancam here*
Dec 23, 2020
Sorry for not being able to provide a story review today, I honestly couldn't really think of anything and was a bit tired out. Will try to put one out tomorrow, anyways, enjoy the smaller review.

Especially you @ParthanyJobtano
@eliiscool5 said if this review gets 28 likes he'll kiss me
Dec 23, 2020
stan yykaikaa ill send you fancam
Little did Matt know this will be the only Yukika project we'll ever get :(
@eliiscool5 u best be joking
should i listen to this
@August yes
@eliiscool5 GIVE ME KISS NOW
Dec 26, 2020
AFTERNOOOOOOOOOOOON
Jan 20, 2021
idk if you guys heard but yukika is with a new label now! she's sporting blonde hair now which probably means a comeback soon.
Mar 6, 2021
no more btspop, yukikapop
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Shy Away
Doja Cat - Kiss Me More
Doja Cat
Kiss Me More
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!

March 2021 Playlist