clipping. - Visions of Bodies Being Burned
Oct 23, 2020
Fuck it. It's my AOTY.

Okay. We all expected this to be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.

This album is a full on EXPERIENCE. Bangers after bangers. This album is very intense, to the point it's scary honestly. I got CHILLS after my first listen. Every songs instrumental just makes a listener hooked and immersed instantly. What they were going for here was achieved and done very well.

Everything about this album is just absolutely perfect for me. The instrumentals are very detailed and just a treat to listen to, with the vocals mixed very well into it, the fast flows used just adds to the intensity to the whole thing, which is already intense in itself. Can we just stop to honor the instrumentals? Everything used for the instrumentals was used very creatively and creates the sense of horror from listening to it in the perfect way. Lyrics are also a highlight for this album as a lot the lyrics hit pretty hard. Lyrics isn't usually a thing I talk about with an album unless they're really bad but making an exception for this album as they're phenomenally written.

Here are my highlights for the album:

"Intro" sets the tone for the album, does it very well too. "Say The Name" is one of the singles for the album, the lyrics are the big appeal here for me. Also the pitch-shifted voice was a great touch as well.

"'96 Neve Campbell" is another single with a pretty good feature that has a minimal beat with occasional sounds that are very ominous. "Something Underneath" was very ominous and was horrifying with the beat crescendos with their very fast flow until it goes into a very minimal beat. Then the song starts becoming even more horrifying slowly until it ends.

"She Bad" is another highlight with its instrumental alone with the ambient sounds in the background. "Pain Everyday" is another single that is amazing as well, gave this a 90 on the site. Loved it.

"Check The Clock" I'll include as well as that beat switch was clean as fuck, very good song. "Looking Like Meat" is definitely one of the more bass intensive songs off the album and the feature did it pretty well on the song as well.

"Enlacing" is definitely one of the strongest songs off the album to me. There's just some quality to it I love and the ending of it was amazing as well. "Secret Piece" was honestly a rollercoaster to listen to but was a great ending to the album.

The interludes in general all did a great job transitioning into the next part of the album, didn't have much to say individually.

This album is a masterpiece, one of the best albums to come out of 2020, and lived up to the hype for me. It's more than an album to me, it's genuinely a rollercoaster to listen to and I was immersed the whole time. The feeling of horror throughout it all, the ominous tone each song gave off, and just everything about it is amazing. Literally the perfect album to listen to during Halloween.

Favorite Tracks: All of Them.
Least Favorite Tracks: None.

97/100