LOONA - 12:00
Oct 19, 2020
Coming into LOONA's new EP very blindly so don't attack me for giving this a low score.

This EP left didn't leave much of a impression on me at all. I just felt nothing while listening to this. Before this review, never listened to Loona ever, so this EP was a first impression for me, and I had high hopes for it honestly, but it kinda left me empty.

"12:00" just felt weird, just didn't know what it was trying to be? Was it trying to set the tone? It all led up to a beat drop but then just stopped and entered the next track "Why Not?" which I didn't like too much either. Some of the vocal lines just made me cringe so much, especially the "di da dum di dum" or whatever.

"Voice" was pretty good though, can give it that. I really liked the vocals and the instrumental on this song. Following it was "Fall Again" which wasn't too bad either, but wasn't impressive by any means, the instrumental was pretty basic at times, but the vocals were definitely the highlight with this song. "Universe" although basic, was better than "Fall Again", but didn't like blow it out of the water or anything.

"Hide & Seek" sounding like another average-dance song, even some of the lyrics are pretty average as well. I can't help but cringe just listening to the "I like it like that, I like it like that." "OOPS!" was also pretty average for me too! And just more, weird repeating lyrics like "I love myself, I love myself" and ending the song with a fat LOL.

Then the whole thing ends with an English version with Voice. Pretty underwhelming EP for me, this being my first impression doesn't really motivate me to listen to the rest of their music honestly. A few highlights like "Voice" but some of the lyrics on here are either basic or just bad, pretty basic pop/dance instrumentals as well. The EP has quality, I'll recognize that, but these songs are really nothing I'd come back to, just not my genre.

Favorite Track: Voice
Least Favorite Tracks: 12:00 and Why Not?

42/100
Oct 19, 2020
to be honest this is probably their weakest release recently, maybe listen to the odd eye circle max and match ep, it’s got some nice influences, also [x x] is a lot more focused and cohesive than this ep imo
Oct 19, 2020
@Trevor3k42 Maybe, but this just put me off of them idk, but I'll probably listen to some of their older stuff later on
Oct 19, 2020
odd eye circle is often regarded as some of the best kpop has to offer in general — for me it’s my all time favourite kpop project
Oct 19, 2020
@wainotwhy I've tried so hard to get into kpop but I just can't seem to get there, I'll start with that though so thanks
Oct 19, 2020
bless, Red Velvet’s “The Perfect Red Velvet” is great too!!’
Oct 19, 2020
yeah this isn't really the best k-pop project you could get out of them, but an EP like [+ +] is way more of a standout
@Matt, @wei and @eliiscool5 give the best k-pop suggestions
@pipo_mzz HI PIPO
Oct 20, 2020
you should listen to [+ +] and Max & Match by Odd Eye Circle, I think You'll like it
Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll listen to them soon, I really don't wanna hate on kpop so it saddens me to give a score like this
eliiscool5