BTS - BE
3d ago (updated 2d ago)
Now that the botting has ended, I can now voice my actual opinions. Before I go into my thoughts on the album itself, I'm going to first talk about how useless botting this site really is.

Score doesn't matter. The most it does is puts it higher on the charts but what you're really doing is delegitimizing the site.

Your favorite artists approval, is not something you're getting with this. At this point, you're only pleasing yourself and your other friends only.

You are hurting the site. As I said before, this delegitimizes the scores on the site, but you're also raiding someones website that they worked on for years. Only one person runs the site, so you're basically making their life harder for absolutely no reason.

I don't know how you enjoy bliss from ignorance but that's all you. Just stop coming to this site expecting a different outcome, search up the definition for insanity, maybe you'll learn something.

Now that I'm done with my rant, here are my thoughts on the album..

BE is definitely an album! But did it need to exist? BTS earlier this year released an album 'MOTS:7' which to my surprise.. it was average K-Pop. K-Pop in general is 80% the same average formula that basically has no substance at all and comes up short.

BE is no different to an average K-Pop album. There isn't anything bad about it honestly, and dare I say, there are actual great moments on this! 'Fly To My Room' I actually really liked! Even though it sounds average, I actually liked it quite a bit. But there are also other cuts that are just average, and sometimes the use of the autotune is just bad. Which leads into my next point..

One of the least appealing factors of this album is it's use of autotune. It didn't use it very well, and almost comes off annoying. I know they have great voices but why the autotune? It's a stylistic choice of course but that doesn't excuse that it's flat out bad.

Instrumentally, it's decent. Nothing much to talk about but there are just some songs with basic production that makes me want to fall asleep. I couldn't really use the excuse for it being "chill" as I just didn't enjoy it, looking at you 'Blue & Grey'!

Vocally, this is also average. They don't really push themselves very far with this in my opinion, which I feel displaying their range could've improved this quite a bit. Other than the average vocals, they used autotune and you know how I feel about that already...

Before I conclude, I'm going to talk about a few other things. I couldn't speak on the lyrics on this one as I don't speak the language, but from the English lyrics I heard, they aren't very good, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Also, a 2 minute long skit? In your 8 track album? That adds nothing? And also one of the tracks have been released to my knowledge? Pretty obvious and unnecessary filler.. Anyways, time to conclude this!

BTS has something there, I know it, but they really haven't done anything yet to wow me. I really want to like them. I have no reason not to. But the group has still not given me a good reason to like them, so my opinion still remains that they're an average K-Pop group.

Before I transition into my original review from a few days ago, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I don't deserve likes I got on this review at all. Unfollow me if you want, I truly don't deserve what I have. If you're reading this, please like everyone else's reviews, the people who put actual effort in a serious review with a real rating. Anyways, I am sorry.

Here is my original review:

'BE' definitively proves that BTS is one of the best artists of all time.

The seven-member K-Pop sensation 'BTS' drops one of the best projects of the whole year. This year has been absolutely amazing for the group. Earlier this year, the performed at the GRAMMY's which that rightfully deserved, and released their album 'MAP OF THE SOUL : 7' to critical acclaim. So quite honestly, I was very excited to listen to this new album as they're one of my favorite artists of all time.

'BE' is one of the greatest examples of growth for an artist. After my first listen, I cried, in happiness. How do they do this? Like seriously, how do they do this? The absolutely beautiful instrumentation used in these songs, gives a sense of safety, which is perfect as I use their music to escape from this cruel world. The writing is phenomenal as always. Their English lyrics have constantly been improving which I now believe that they actually completely mastered it now. The lyrics hit way too close to home for me. Each song, to me, tells a beautiful story, and I just can't stop listening to these songs! But the real highlight here is the vocals. BTS as always has some of the best vocals ever, and with 'BE' they show off their full vocal range which is highly impressive. If I were a top artist right now, I would watch out for BTS, as with this new project, they're ready to take off.

BTS has a variety of talent throughout the whole group. Each of the 7 has their own respective abilities and when combining them, they mix together quite well to create a masterpiece. If you didn't know, BTS is actually a group with 4 different vocalists and 3 rappers. Founded in 1983, Daveed Diggs and Freddie Gibbs decided to form the group 'BTS', also fun fact, BTS stands for 'Boys That Sex'. For years they created classics like 'Fuck The Police' and 'Lose Yourself'. These two could no longer just be by themselves, so over the years they invited multiple big names including Kanye West, Tyler The Creator, Pusha T, MC Ride, and Drake. Them together, they united and created the all mighty 'Bohemian Rhapsody' in 2010. Obviously, BTS couldn't do it all themselves. Production is one of the most important things in music, and BTS has mastered it. They have recruited an array of producers including Sophie, Mad-lib, Arca, Your Mom, Dylan Brady, Daft Punk, The Alchemist, and Metro Boomin. Since then they've made masterpiece after masterpiece, and 'BE' is their most realized project yet.

Here are some notorious lyrics from their careers that I would like to share to provide more proof on why they're so legendary...

"I don't like 'em figgity fat, I like 'em stiggity stacked/You wiggity wiggity wack if you ain't got biggity back." ~ Kanye West, 1783

"Thirty-eight revolve like the sun round the Earth." ~ Freddie Gibbs, 2068. This is a bold statement as the Earth is flat, but still a great line all around.

"Cause the same people that tried to blackball me
Forgot about two things, my Black balls" ~ Daveed Diggs, 2018

"I'ma go hard like a motherfucking boner." ~ Tyler, The Creator, 1998. One of the most relatable lyrics of all time. #True

"An elephant never forgets, so my dick remembers everything." ~ BTS Jimin, 2016

"Pop that pussy like a zit." ~ Random 15 Year Old, 2020

Overall, this is the best album of 2020, a modern masterpiece. BTS has shown time and time again that they are contenders of being legends, and with 'BE', the 7 boys have solidified themselves as legends. We haven't had many examples of a real Renaissance Man in years, but I feel this group are the modern day Renaissance Men. Although 'Enter The Wu Tang' is their best project, 'BE' comes close at second place for me. If you hate on this album, unfollow me and block me, I'd rather never see you again. Now to the real K-Pop stans that are reading this, we can stan together.

WE LOVE YOU BTS. WE ARE PROUD TO BE PART OF THE ARMY!

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
WE LOVE YOU BTS !!!!!!!
MattsReviews posted a review
I love Brockhampton too, Kevin Abstract is so versatile and the biggest creative in the group. Matt Champion is amazing with flows and his delivery is always so clean. Dom McLennon is a crazy lyricist, there is nothing he can't do. Joba is so dynamic and can range from crazy angry to really bummed and depressed. Merlyn is so charismatic and can contribute some of the catchiest verses. Bearface has the voice of an angel and can control his voice so well. Of course, HK, Jabari Manwa, Romil Hemnani, and Kiko Merley do an amazing job with production creating new ideas every time. The greatest boyband of all time!
weezr
this is like the ultimate shitpost
I've made a severe and continuous lapse of my judgement
@Sakurabruh this isnt a shitpost... i truly loved this album
Eu também amei demais esse álbum β˜ΊπŸ’œ
@Toriferreira πŸ’œπŸ’œ
λ¬΄λŒ€ λ’€μ—μ„œ
κ΅°λŒ€κ°€ λ‚΄ 가쑱을 μ£½μ˜€λ‹€!
@Nico Fake fan.
OMG Thank you ARMY for supporting my review. I worked really hard on it and I am glad you like it!!! πŸ’œπŸ’œ
Esse álbum é sem dúvida muito bom. É como um abraço em forma de música πŸ’œ
@BSA It really is!!
You have pulled the best UNO reverse in all of history!
when the bot
We can respect different opinions. I can see that you actually listened to the album but you keep referring to it as "kpop" as if it's something bad or as if it can't be good and have nice results being in that category. How are fans who have actually listened to the album and searched for lyrics translation and getting what the artist meant hurting the site? So the trolls can come here and post any kind of shit they want without listening to the whole thing with no prejudice but we can't come and leave nice reviews because we're ruining it? It doesn't make sense.
@sundropsu There isn't anything wrong with K-Pop, I enjoy some K-Pop projects. My point by hurting the site wasn't about you guys listening/enjoying the album, I am all for people who enjoy albums, because it has nothing to do with me. But the site has a really great eco-system, and spamming it with 100's delegitimizes the score and also makes the site owner (which he's by himself) have to do so much work just to fix the problem. These accounts will be banned, that's just a fact, so basically you're making someone's life harder for no reason. Now the people who are trolling and not listening to the album, I can get why you're annoyed by that, that's why I listened to the album and stated my specific opinions. I hope it makes a little more sense now but I'm happy to explain my reasonings a bit further if needed. Have a good day.
Thanks!
Another Matt W
Great edit on your review. Thank you for being honest. Also LOL get botted.
@Chode My First W
Look at the amount of bots that liked the review lolllll. Love this review! :)
LOOK WHOS SO POPULAR!!! MATTHEW IS!!! GIMME KISS MY POPULAR BOY!!!
K-POP more like K-POOP
Best bot war i have ever seen
@Scre4meh They failed their mission
@matt mission failed succesfully
@Scre4meh That is the perfect way to explain what happened, good job
Pop that pussy like a zit.

bars
12h ago
stop insulting my kings bitch zenophovixc