21 Savage & Metro Boomin - Savage Mode II
Oct 2, 2020
A Pleasant Surprise

I've never called myself a "fan" of 21 Savage until now. Before today, I've only heard "i am > i was" and "Issa Album". IA>IW had very enjoyable moments but didn't impress me very much and Issa Album didn't really have many memorable moments for me.

I probably should've listened to the original Savage Mode before this album but I didn't sadly. This album very much impressed me. Metro Boomin is a producer I really like so I knew the production was going to be good before coming into this album and I was completely right. 21's lyrics (in my opinion) has improved quite a bit, and really everything has improved since Issa Album and even IA>IW.

Obviously this comes with flaws. The first track I think of is "My Dawg", wasn't really a big fan of the autotune towards the end of the track. "Mr. Right Now", Drake being Drake again! Never understood the the appeal of his music. Not a bad track to me, just questionable feature choice. The only track from this album I can say that I didn't like is My Dawg, but it still has its enjoyable moments.

Overall, a very good album that I will be revisiting frequently. I can now call myself a fan of 21 Savage!

Favorite Tracks: Runnin, Rich N---- Shit, Slidin, Many Men, No Opp Left Behind
Least Favorite Track: My Dawg

Overall Score: 82
Nov 16, 2020
You should listen to Without Warning if you haven't -- easily his best project even now.
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Shy Away
Doja Cat - Kiss Me More
Doja Cat
Kiss Me More
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!

March 2021 Playlist