AOTY 2020
slowthai - nhs
Nov 19, 2020
NHS might as well stand for "Not Hearing Shit" because this song left me feeling nothing.

Last year, slowthai released 'Nothing Great About Britain' which I felt was a great Grime/UK Hip Hop album, but this new song fails to impress. We start off with this high pitched chorus, which just sounds awful. I really tried to grow into it but I simply just can't. The rest of the song is just average as hell. His performance is just okay? It could've been better knowing his standards.. The production is also just really simple as fuck, as Rater stated in his review, it sounds like 'lo-fi hip hop beats to study/relax to'. It's a chill song but not really anything I want to hear from him. This song barely has any substance, and it's sad to say that when slowthai does have the talent to create something great. I haven't lost all hope for the new album though, so I still have hope that it can be good, but this single, it ain't it.
Nov 19, 2020
good review mr. matt i agree
thank you mr. rater @Rater
Nov 19, 2020
matt now has goat status atm after eli stopped dropping and smt said he liked ajr
Nov 19, 2020
when matt drops a serious review you know you fucked up
Oof