Joji - Glimpse of Us
Jun 10, 2022 (updated Jun 10, 2022)
The music video kinda like the average day in Detroit

Joji's most beautiful song to date.

It's almost just a known fact at this point that I like Joji, but for the people who don't know, Joji is easily my favorite artist of all time by a long shot. A release from him has been due for 2 years at this point, but I kept my patience, yet was starving for a new release. When I needed it most, he arrives, and oh he arrives hard.

"Glimpse of Us" is a beautiful display of Joji's vocal talent, as it's instrumental is just a simple piano ballad. Incredibly stripped back, the most raw we've ever seen Joji. With an incredible increase of lyricism skill as well, everything in this piece seems to wrap up perfectly. Simple yet serene and ethereal, with angelic falsetto's in the mix, this is Joji at his peak. This is all without speaking about the visuals attached with the music video, displaying a story of starting hardship, to bittersweet bliss, into reality. A perfect tie to the song, despite how the tone of the song and the video are in complete disarray, they seem to connect in this dark and demented way.

This single raised my doubts, made me nervous for the next chapter in Joji's career, but "Glimpse of Us" was very reassuring that he is constantly improving. Thank you Joji, you fucking genius.

(Song is staying at a 9/10 for now, but is very subject to change to a 10.)

Edit: I caved

MattsReviews's Tags
monkey pox
This song just makes it hard for you to not give it a 10
It's just so good
2w
A 100...Who would of thought? Seriously though this song is lovely, can't wait for what's next for Gorge.
polio