Quadeca - SCRAPYARD I
Oct 10, 2023
Quadeca continues his path of progression with "SCRAPYARD I" by providing two of his most accessible tracks post-From Me To You era. Although less narrative is shown here (at least presumably), there's no denying that the quality has not dissipated after 2022's "I Didn't Mean To Haunt You." Can Quadeca do better than this? Of course he can. But what I believe this new collection of songs does is exercise and displays his maturity in the art-form and shows what ideas he's been able to learn over the course of just four years in the limelight.

A LA CARTE begins SCRAPYARD I with a noticeably more upbeat tone, completely juxtaposed from his last release. The first thing I noticed when listening to this song is the vocal inflections; it's strange and irregular. After a myriad of listens, I was able to grow on it and appreciate it more with the audible disparity between him and Brakence. This is not to say that Quadeca is audibly worse at vocals; they just excel in their own special way within the track. Brakence does his usual emotionally charged vocal inflections whilst riding the instrumental as if it were his song. Quadeca provided a canvas for both him and his feature to paint over, creating a concoction that appeals to the senses and their respective audiences. I've never personally seen an overlap between their work, but with A LA CARTE, they've bridged the gap.

Surprisingly enough, I was more impressed with the second/final track, U DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT. The glitchy instrumentation being direct parallel with the pitch shifted vocals create a sense of urgency and rhythm throughout the track, evoking immense amounts of energy. It's euphoric at moments, but heart-breaking at others; completely dependent on how your mind drifts in the moment. The lyricism being unintelligible definitely had it's drawbacks; but I also think it was able to have more of a introspective moment with the work in some weird way, but that's just me.

The two songs presented on the first part of the SCRAPYARD series are a powerful showing of Quadeca's greatest qualities: progression, maturity, and raw talent. They may not be my favorite of his work, but it's incredibly refreshing to see the artist continue to excel especially after reaching such highs last year, with even me, a huge fan, believing IDMTHY would be his magnum opus. But with the beginning to this new series, it reinforced a sense of faith towards Quadeca not reaching a stagnant spot, and really propelling himself, continuing at an unprecedented rate.

Track Ratings
1A LA CARTE / 80
2U DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT / 90
4mo
I fully plan on reviewing all five parts in similar fashion, really liking this so far though!
Watt
4mo
"It's euphoric at moments, but heart-breaking at others; completely dependent on how your mind drifts in the moment." best way to describe quadeca as an artist since fmty
4mo
@sumet I know! His work is so divisive like sometimes I want to throw it back to don't mind me, and other times i wanna cry to it 💀
4mo
Quadeca's career is literally like a parabola
‎ ‎ ‎ Bad Internet Rapper ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Scrapyard I
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎|
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ |
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎|
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ \______/

Yes, I made a math presentation for this review.
we gon kill you
good review
4mo
@IEnjoyMusic He still hasnt reached the heights of Bad Internet Rapper sadly...
@Chode Ur name looks like Chobe now