Feb 10, 2024 (updated Feb 18, 2024)
Fuck Nazism

Edit: The following link is my response to the criticism I've received. Thank you for your patience.

A Summary of Kanye and His History with Antisemitism

2013:
- November 26: Interview on The Breakfast Club, he states “Black people don’t have the same level of connections as Jewish people… We ain’t Jewish. We don’t get families that have money like that."
- December 21: On a Chicago radio station, he stated “I thought I was giving a compliment, but if anything, it came off more ignorant. I don’t know how being told you have money is an insult.
Although Kanye decided to state that what he said was ignorant, he still perpetuates the stereotype that Jewish people are all made of money. At this point, this is Kanye’s most tame position in view on Jewish people, and we would not see any comments from him for another decade.

2022:
- October 7: Instagram post suggesting that rapper Diddy is controlled by Jews.
- October 8: Posts on platform Twitter, now coined X, that he will now go “death con 3” on Jewish people. “Death Con 3” is referring to the system DEFCON which is utilized by the United States Air Force and is separated into many levels, 3 being one of the highest which mobilizes the Air Force. His wording of replacing DEF with “death” shows how he wanted it to be conveyed. Later in this tweet he states that he cannot be anti-semetic as “black people are actually Jew.”
- October 11: Kanye interviewed by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson and stated many racist and antisemitic statements. One notable thing he stated is “I prefer my kids knew Hanukkah than Kwanzaa. At least it will come with some financial engineering.”
- October (date unknown): Unpublished episode of LeBron James’ podcast, The Shop, West allegedly made many antisemitic comments whilst recording. Claims have only been confirmed by set workers.
- October 17: On the podcast, Drink Champs, West claimed he was being “targeted by the Jewish media and Zionist Jews.” Also made claims like “You (referring to Jewish people) really influenced me to get on this anti-Semite vibe and, you know, I’m here to finish the job. I’m here to not back down. They should’ve never let you n***** get money.”
- October 17: The same day of the Drink Champs episode, he went on NewsNation and said more of the same ideals.
- October 27: CNN reports using anonymous sources that West had a “disturbing history of admiring Hitler”, read Mein Kampf, and wanted to title his 2018 album “ye” to “Hitler.”
- Late November: Invited by Donald Trump to dinner, arriving with white-natiolist and Holocaust denier Nick Feuntes.
- Late November: On a Timcast IRL interview, West continued to make anti-semetic remarks and compared his situation to the likes of MLK Jr. and Malcolm X.
- December 1: West goes onto conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ podcast InfoWars and states that “every human being has something of value that they brought to the table, especially Hitler.” Also states that there are a lot of things that he likes about Nazis, that he likes Hitler, and that he is a Nazi. He denies the Holocaust on this podcast and said that it was “factually incorrect” that Hitler killed 6 million Jewish people. After this interview, Kanye would post a Raelian symbol (which is a swastika entangled within a Star of David) onto Twitter.
- December 6: Kanye continues to praise Hitler in an interview with Gavin McInnes and that Jewish people should “forgive Hitler today.” He would compare abortion to the Holocaust and repeat the sentiment that Jewish people “control” the media and politics.
- 2022 would easily be the year with Kanye’s most outspoken views so far, but this would continue for the next two years as well.

2023:
- March: In an Instagram post, Kanye would write that “Watching Jonah Hill in 21 Jump Street made me like Jewish people again. No one should take anger against one or two individuals and transform that into hatred towards millions of people. No Christian can be labeled antisemite knowing Jesus is Jew. Thank you Jonah Hill I love you.” This change in position is definitely a step but he would go back on later on.
- June 28: BBC-produced documentary named The Trouble with KanYe examines West’s views by using information from Alex Klein, former business partner with Kanye. He would state that Kanye would be constantly angry, threaten him, and say he’s “exactly like other Jews” while working with him.
- December: West would announce his newest project that’s in collaboration with Ty Dolla $ign named Vultures. The original cover art for this record suggested a reference to Burzum’s cover art style, which for context, Burzum or Varg Vikernes is a neo-Nazi. The artist behind the cover art for Vultures was a German man who was notably liked by German Nazi’s. Kanye would also wear clothing that had a Double-Headed Golden Eagle, which is Nazi imagery through and through, only difference being two heads but can be explained due to the album being a collaborative album.
- December 12: West wears a Ku Klux Klan inspired hood at a listening party.
- December 15: Instagram live-stream where he compares himself to Hitler and Jesus, and criticized people for putting their children in “Zionist schools.”
- December 26: West would make a post in Hebrew where he apologizes for his anti-semetic comments. It’s good to note that this post is no longer on his account and has been replaced with promotional material for Vultures.

2024:
- January 19: Appears in an Instagram post with rapper JPEGMAFIA wearing a Burzum shirt.
- February 10: Drops long-awaited album “Vultures” which contains anti-semitic lyricism. The following is a track-by-track analysis of the lines that refer to anti-semitism within the album.
- STARS: “Keep a few Jews on the staff now”, contrary to his statements but perpetuates the stereotype.
- VULTURES (title track): “How I’m anti-Semetic? I just fucked a Jewish bitch”
- PROBLEMATIC: “I’m not racist, it’s a preference”, theorized he’s talking about one of three things, that all of his past relationships were with white women, he doesn’t like Jewish doctors, or talking about the controversial statements he’s put out during his career.
- KING: “ ‘Crazy, bipolar, and anti-semite’, and I’m still the king–Still the king, still the–They thought headlines was my kryptonite.” These lines speak for itself. Doesn’t really address anything head-on, he just takes the labels and adds his own of still being the “king.”

So yeah, that’s a lot. Now I want to make this clear, this review is not made out to be a hit-piece or to tell you whether or not you should listen to his music and feel bad about it. I simply wanted to lay out the events in a digestible manner, although longer than I thought it would come out to be. If you enjoy the album and continue to listen to Kanye, that is completely fine, but it is important to note that Kanye’s behavior and music is deeply entrenched in Nazi material and ideals. If you don’t enjoy the album and boycott listening to Kanye, that is also completely fine. It’s up to the person what they can personally see in the past. I myself choose not to listen to Kanye as I feel uncomfortable and am constantly reminded by his actions when I listen to him, but this varies person to person. Nazism is a terrible and destructive political ideology that has ruined lives of many and promotes hatred between all sects of culture. To see Kanye apologists completely turn their backs on what Kanye is saying or for worse support it is deeply disappointing and is actively cultivating a dangerous community of humans. This review is meant to inform, and you may take the information laid out however you please.

Sources: https://variety.com/2023/music/news/kanye-west-new-song-vultures-antisemitic-1235798725/

2w
Many people are saying this.
Ok.
Hot take buddy
Hot take but I agree
Brave messaging
Someone had to say it
hot take but i agree
2w
why would you say something so controversial yet so brave
nazis... le bad? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
2w
Thanks guys. Brave of me to do but I'm willing to fight for the cause.
nah man you crossed the line with this one… very brave ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
2w
You should listen to the Brave II, has many hot takes like this one
Woah hot take alert
2w
Counterpoint: burn is a good song ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ (but yeah i see your point)
HOL UP
FR!?!?!?!?!?
And thats sum real shi
2w
Nazism been real quiet since this posted
2w
Just ended Nazism with that one.
fuck israel too
@jesusddiaz *fuck Netanyahu and his genocidal government
2w
adolf shaking in his grave rn fr
2w
I'll ride with the Fuck Nethanyahu statement too.
2w
Updated review
2w
Too bad. Somehow nobody cares when the entire music industry openly mocks Christ
2w
@Implode The entire music industry? Christianity is by far the most celebrated religion within the music industry, and yes there are definitely a loud few that openly mock the religion, but that doesn't represent the entirety of the industry.
2w
Also that doesn't really say anything about Kanye using Nazi ideals in his music. I guess that's just "Too bad" huh
2w
christ isn't real/(alive anymore), jewish people definitely are. kanye is way worse than people who mock christianity.
Awesome summary
2w
@Implode gtfo bro no one asked. stop victimizing yourself, it’s so easy to be a Christian in America it’s wild. It is, however, quite difficult to be a Jew, and that’s because of people like you
2w
Also good summary, Kanye’s done a lot more bullshit than I thought
2w
I also want to say that this is just his history with Anti-semitism, his controversies go even farther than this with his thoughts on slavery as well.
2w
I am still going to listen to his music as it is really important for me but thank you for this information. I did not know that he was this deep into this anti-semite bullshit, it is honestly a sad situation that I am afraid will grow more over time. Hopefully some Kanye meat riders will get something out of this post. Again thank you Matt๐Ÿ™
@Implode clown
2w
No one cares, enjoy the music
2w
@mendaxreviews You clearly didn't read till the end as I said it's okay to enjoy the music. But to say no one cares when there is a large Jewish population on this Earth that is actively being hurt by Kanye's rhetoric overtaking the minds of the masses is quite ignorant
2w
bro has a whole timeline
2w
Bro saying bare minimum, everyone knows kanye is out of his head. You are basically saying "Grass is Green", we know he is messed up, but his music is fire.
2w
also in late december 2022 he said that he wasn't bipolar and it was a "misdiagnosis from a Jewish doctor"
2w
@Jayreviewsmusic There's a large amount of people who defend what he says and also agree with him?
2w
Ty Rice and Cosmo, ill add those to the timeline soon
2w
on november 28th 2022 he went on another podcast where he continued to make antisemitic remarks and compared his situation to Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X's

he also said there "I feel like it’s a setup … I’m going to walk the fuck off the show if I’m having to talk about, ‘You can’t say Jewish people did it,’ when every sensible person knows — that Jon Stewart knows — what happened to me, and they took it too far."
Free Palestine
@Riceblades I did that one
@johnson11 I agree
2w
@Matt who? Kanye d riders? Clearly they are.
2w
@Jayreviewsmusic Yes. So who are you arguing with or what are you arguing for? I said in the review its okay to enjoy Kanye's music
2w
The "I forgive him" comments from some people hurt.
Nazis and antisemitic groups can go away ๐Ÿ‘
2w
And it’s crazy how people still defend him
2w
Ok someones reply got deleted but i'll address it anyways. Yes i said "Fuck Nazism" but i feel that is a tame take and isn't really trying to convince anyone to not like nazism, because I think most people already hate it. The point of the review is to inform about Kanye's use of Nazism and how his paradigm is deeply entrenched in it.
2w
So no, i dont classify this as a hit piece and more as informative media. I only called it a "review" bc this platform coins posts as such so my bad for calling it a review. The only stance I really take within this is saying Fuck Nazism which is once again, a tame ass take
2w
So yes, although i do state my stance that i do not like nazism (woah shocker!) i still would love for everyone to have their own perspective on it and i hope the information laid out within the summary helps out. Thanks
Free Palestine
@AZIZ W
2w
thanks for the info matt
2w
But you know that *on average* Jewish people are wealthier and have statistically higher IQ so there's nothing strange in his first "statement"?
Free Remi
2w
Really important review. Thank you for making this.
Interstellar W.
2w
@CristiTalksRAP So to you summarizing Kanye's antics warrant suicide? You just make yourself look like a fool
2w
@Mareky505 it doesn't matter if it is a "statistically provable statement" or not, it's still meant to be antisemitic whether you take it as that or not
2w
@Mareky505 if you're using IQ as a serious measurement that just goes to show how little you know about the stuff you're talking about
We don't care buddy.
2w
Ty for explaining why I listened to the new Chelsea Wolfe album instead of this.
@Mareky505 you're a fucking moron
2w
Good summary. One thing you might have missed is that in his 2016 song saint pablo he says “the Jews share their truth on how to make a dime” which while not being the most egregious thing he’s done, is still antisemitic.
2w
dont care, review the album
ts not a review ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
2w
dont give a score if you didnt listen, this is biased to the uppermost album, if you listen and don't like it, sure, but as you said "I choose not to listen", then don't review
i aint reading all that ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด
I am NOT reading allat
2w
Fuck u fuck ur inability to separate album from artist. Kanye steadily breaking records 20 years into his career, so sit down bitch and review the fucking album
2w
Good post lovely post needed post
2w
oh no the kanye meatriders have invaded
@chillyJB They will not be doing that. Have a great rest of your day! ๐Ÿค—
@MoDee frfr. Fuck lil Nas X as well
2w
kanye didn’t say anything antisemitic in 2013 jewish people do generally have more money and more connections than black people do, that is an empirically verified fact. sorry not sorry.
2w
@LigerOnLean it's called separating the art from the artist and actually Kanye is just a seriously troubled person, not a bad one w bad intentions either. And even tho it's far from his best, it is pretty good, 8/10 imo, and really people giving this less than a 7 are just fucking hating based on Ye's politics.
2w
@Winston it is not antisemitic to say jewish people help each other out lmfao get real
free palestine
2w
@icantanymore nope, fuck the settler colonial ethnostate of “Israel,” it does not matter who is in the government
2w
kanye defenders will says some shit like: "but but, he said he doesn't hate jews after watching 21 jump street"
2w
best review on this album, some people actually need this
2w
horrible person who unfortunately happens to make good music
2w
Thank you for being the first person in this painful fanbase to say something informational and unbiased.
2w
who cares? Say something about the album at least
2w
what's wrong with the statement about wealth of Jewish people in the U.S. Why commenting on and generalizing about wealth of white, Asian people isn't racist but on Jewish it somehow is. The fact is that they're in most cases a privileged group, contrary to black communities, which social sciences constantly study. I'd say anti-semitic is a remark about Chanukah.
2w
@dPreferNotTo Surely enforcing that stereotype hasn't led to anything bad in the past...
2w
Kanye fans are the worst, truly blind people with no sense of reality.
2w
Wow, what's wrong with using stereotypes!! Not sure man you tell me
2w
@chpf07 ALSO this is a real rating. I did listen to the album in its entirety and gave it a 5. I meant that i will not continue to listen to it this point forward. I never rate anything on my account without listening to it.
2w
It's quite clear that none of yall read my review either, I literally said it is okay to separate the art from the artist but I just personally can't with Kanye. I also found reviewing the album after the summary would not prove beneficial to it. Please dont just read the first two lines of my review and come to conclusions. Ive addressed this already before, and ill edit my review later to make my statements more clear.
2w
"I don't see yall getting this mad when artists openly mocks christianity" is funny asf lmao. bro saying lil nas x using christain imagery is the same as being a literal neo-nazi
2w
That’s all well and good man but this isn’t the review page for nazism. It’s for the album vultures, so idk why you’re talking about anything but the album
2w
@chillyJB can’t separate art from the artist if the artist puts antisemitic ideology into his art
2w
@ElizaBuzh The end of this review contains lyrics from this very album
2w
bro ain’t no way u typed all this out like this ain’t gonna effect anything bro ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™
2w
I'm surprised this review is so divisive, it isn't really harmful for anyone but it seems the major criticism is that I must review the album? Just strange to me, am I wrong here?
2w
im just amazed how many people seem to have just joined the site within the past 3-4 days but all have their shout box turned off already. lol
2w
@Matt I mean we all appreciate your take here... but you should probably at least try the listen to the album... it is AOTY.org after all you never know... the antisemitism might rub off on you ๐Ÿ˜‚
his 2005 roc the mic freestyle should be added
@brook1404 ive listened to it , hence why theres a 5/10
2w
Anyone who responds to this with “yes, but…” or “he didn’t mean…” or any comment of that sort, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
2w
Also, if you love the album, great. You do you. I’m happy that we can all come to a subjective opinion. But you’re gonna get upset try and dismiss someone who is calling out an actual Nazi??? Goofy
2w
“Ohhh but anyone who has a less than positive perspective on the album must just be a hater right?” Or maybe they just didn’t think it was very good?
2w
why are mfs acting like this comment is kidnapping homeless people in the freeway jfc
2w
I love the album but I hate nazis it’s not that hard to agree that Kanye is a terrible person I genuinely don’t get people who don’t like this review because it’s actually an amazing timeline and I’m so glad this was made. Fuck antisemitism but also Fuck the Israeli government and Free Palestine
this some goated shit
2w
@caleb yeah nothing says reviews are inherently intrinsic to the reviewers' opinion of the artist unless they explicity state it. but people in the comments probably don't know what half these words mean
Well said
Walter White vs Barack Obama
@44RAV "Fuck antisemitism but" is a wild way to start a sentence
2w
this is NOT about the album, review the album not reading all that yapping ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด
Based?
2w
@aquaneutral has a rating right there bro are you blind
2w
Wait what you’re telling me is Nazism bad? So brave. Want me to give you a cookie?
2w
What did you think of the album though?
2w
@Matt apologies.... my comment still stands however... on an album reviewing site you should maybe stick to reviewing the album. What you've done here is more like political journalism. I'm not saying I disagree with what you did here... but I do understand why you might be getting backlash for not giving your actual thoughts on the album
2w
my brother you did research about a guy you dislike?
JeffreyEpstein 1d
User is no longer with us
2w
okay but what did you think of the album
2w
So you're saying I should start listening to Kanye?
2w
The fact this review has this many people angry is so sad, Kanye is really reversing decades worth of social progress and increasing discrimination within the youth but it's all okay because he made MBDTF, such a weird argument
NOT READING ALLAT, KEEP ON HATING
2w
@poormanchemist he literally doesn't talk about the album at all, he just gives it a 50 because kanye's a nazi, which is true and definetly affects the album, is NOT the album.
Bro has no life
2w
@brook1404 I see no backlash of this kind when someone posts a shitpost, why does it matter if just some random guy on the internet decides to review an album? I'm not a writer for a publication, this is my personal page.
2w
thanks for posting. i thought this was only a few instances in 2022/23 but i didn’t know it went back to 2013. thanks for writing this and educating people on this
2w
Fucking AMAZING review, nice work on all the research this must’ve taken to make
what does this have to do with 2024 album vultures
2w
Man I hate when people cant take the time to read
2w
i love this, i love all the people on this website who are level headed and understand what you are saying! i just came from music board and rate your music and holy shit are they so incoherent. they just say “how can you say not to listen to AOTY” or “Ye the goat” but they don’t even read the review and what it’s saying๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ like the reviewer literally says you can listen to it idgaf but they prefer not to like cmonnnnnnn it’s so frustrating!
2w
Great post, needed to be addressed properly
2w
@massiveautist if you actually read it all the way through, you might understand
2w
this critiques the album for sure
2w
@Torrance Did your "her loss" review critique the album too?
2w
Very imporrtant review, the fact people are getting pissy about it is really sad, yall please stop meatriding a nazi so hard because he made good music 10 years ago
2w
Wow, great job. You really took your time with this review. Thank you!
2w
@chillyJB difference between separating the art from the artist and just being a ye apologist. Actively spreading hate speech and anti-semitic values with such a universal platform I can't imagine he didn't have bad intentions with this. He has had so many support systems and ways to get help but consistently denies it kanye is a piece of shit. Also the album is just so garbage. The mixing sounds like dog water I could record the sound of my toilet flushing and still make it sound nicer
2w
If i gave this album a green score, no kanye fan would bat an eye. It seems like i more or less struck a nerve with them for not "rating it fairly " when my rating mostly had nothing to do with the nazism itself
@aquaneutral its right there tho look at the 50
2w
9 cases of anti semitism + all the things he has said about whites, blacks, Latinx. He is truly one of the racists of all time.
2w
like if u want a review there's fucking hundreds right now why is Matt obligated all of a sudden, does that make every other shitpost on here obligated 2 or are you picking at straws??. he even states his rating (5/10) is NOT intrinsic with his opinion of Kanye
2w
you people would reply fluent yappanese to the gettysburg address is abe links dropped it today
2w
you're so real for this, I just read everything and I support your point of view in every way, I can listen to his old music normally but not supporting the words that a damn Nazi said recently, even If he was my fav artists at one point of my life
2w
@poormanchemist You explained it beautifully! It seems like there's some sort of double standard. No one bats an eye besides a quick few who roll their eyes at a shitpost, but when I criticize Kanye it seems like I am obligated to post a review
2w
@Chode the effects of brainrot
2w
Very insightful. Great job!
2w
kanye said nothing wrong. alex jones bit was S-tier trolling for weirdos like you to denounce HITLER 80 years later. very brave!
2w
You don’t deserve the hate you’re getting, this post is great
@MoreWater Fr said “Latinx” ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
1w
This post is about to age well after Fantano
1w
@kanyeraejepsen So was it trolling or did Kanye say nothing wrong? It seems like you like Nazism if you really back what Kanye said was "nothing wrong", that's just you brother. Also I'm not only denouncing Hitler, I'm denouncing Kanye
1w
Best review of the year so far
1w
this ineed aged like fine wine after the fantano vid
1w
this comment section omg ๐Ÿ’€ anyways this post is incredibly important, thank you for speaking about it
1w
This is exactly why I refuse to listen to any of Kanye's other albums. I know for a fact that I'd like his other music based on my experience with Graduation and I don't want to give this awful person another penny of my listening money. He deserves none of it. Thank you for this review.
1w
I wanna give you a hug this is such good genuine journalism good shit
1w
I see that kanye's statements have sifted through his fanbase leaving only the worst possible degenerate cultists mindlessly worshiping their mentally ill and dangerous leader
1w
Ice break of Kanye West. Interesting.
@Bir9 Bring it in ๐Ÿค—
1w
latinx is not a real term it’s made up by whitez
1w
@BlackMagick Deleted what I said, I kinda worded it wrong. I meant to say it is a term that is referred to them in a gender-neutral form, but yeah it's important to note that a lot of Hispanics don't really approve of that term. I just wasn't sure if Rice was familiar with the term's existence, but he might've already and I didn't exactly read what he said in both ways, thanks for commenting that
1w
kinda a decisive subject that i don't really have a right to touch up on, i just say what's deemed respectful person to person
1w
great post, I really like the part where you talk about the album
1w
We get it bro, he's a terrible person, but GAW-DAM you didn't have to write a whole-ass essay just to say that
@polduan Thanks. Cause I actually did but it seems like no one wants to read
1w
@HawtDawg Some people in the comments would express the contrary
1w
fuck antisemitism and congrats to this review, but also fuck country of israel having support all over the world maaking slavery of Palestinians rn (i'm not talking abt jews itself but a country and government). free Palestine
Holy shit based AND WITH THE SOURCES
1w
@chillyJB it is very hard to separate art from its artist, especially when the art supports the artist. He may be a record breaker but that doesn’t make up for his abhorrent and disgusting behavior. “He’s mentally ill” can’t excuse it either considering that he doesn’t do jack shit about it. And compared with Kanye’s standards, this album is a spot on the road compared to his previous albums.
1w
@peppo I am in support of Palestine but when you just bring it up any time you see anything relating to Judaism it just comes off as performative. As a Jew it gets grating when any time I see Judaism mentioned it instantly has to be made about the conflict, especially people going "Are you a Zionist" any time people find out I am Jewish. Especially the way you worded it "fuck antisemitism ... but" is a weird way to start that sentence. Why is it a "but"? I assume you had good intentions just please be aware of how it comes across.
1w
bro really sited sources in a review about an album where he says nothing about the album
1w
The rating is right there bro
1w
then he should of just rated it then๐Ÿคฃsave the brave opinion that "nazi's are bad" for a twitter thread where white people with glasses and fedoras can say "wow this is really informative"
1w
guys i hate both palestine and israel! shit countries LOL
1w
kanye just bit of a schizo or smth lol he aint a bad person like idk i couldnt give a shit what he said people just really be getting mad at everything nowadays, even about the things that dont got nothin to do with em
1w
@decaff criticizing hate speech which led to hate crimes is "just getting mad about stuff that has nothing to do with them?"
1w
@dorjeape I don't see what this info hurts! I feel like some people acted like this took many days to create while i only took an hour out my life to make this but whatever! once again, you didnt read this if u didnt see how i mentioned Vultures' lyricism at the end and how it ties back into my argument. I took a very tame ass opinion at the end as well where I explicitly state that i dont really care how people perceive this album as long as people just know what's going on with Kanye and the extent it has gone to, its really that simple
1w
him saying stupid shit led to hate crimes?
1w
@decaff You didn't see the people doing Nazi salutes on a highway holding up banners saying "Kanye was right"? you didn't see the Jewish cemetery that god vandalized with the same stuff? You didn't see the hold Jewish man who got beat up by someone claiming "Kanye was right about the Jews"? You didn't see the numerous examples of vandalism with swastikas claiming Kanye was right? were you just under a rock this whole situation?
1w
And that is why a review like this was needed
1w
Fuck i thought i could edit my message but i fucking deleted it, but ok yea sure then. I just didnt think him saying that stuff led to stuff like that happening.
1w
was an accident man :D + you saw what i said so the deletion would have been embarrasing, it wasnt intentional
1w
@decaff I didn't realize it was an accident so i deleted what I said! I won't hold it against you
1w
I just thought u changed ur mind, but you didn't so I'm glad
Glad to know you can actually acknowledge it and you just weren't aware ๐Ÿ™
1w
Matt this review is a massive W and I'm sorry you're getting flooded with Kanye fans. Thanks for making a post like this.
1w
"If you enjoy the album and continue to listen to Kanye, that is completely fine" I streamed the album 400 times btw
Certified W of a review
1w
mxyo having a dance party rn
1w
hot take but yeah i agree
1w
Monthly Review that starts a war in the comments
Instant W
1w
just saw the response. pretty insane that fans of this man are telling you to un alive yourself. kanye fans are a cult now. hope you're doing well
1w
@tsksk I'm doing well, thank you for asking :) Not the first time I've been in controversy haha
I can tell you read a solid 2 words of this review
1w
People are really pressed about a list of facts and a paragraph essentially saying do with that what you will. Goofy.

Don’t regret posting this Matt, it’s an important and valuable contribution to the discussion. The site’s got your back.
1w
Oh my fucking god this comment section is ridiculous. It’s infuriating to see Kanye stans still defending the guy after being presented with irrefutable proof of his blatant antisemitic rhetoric.

Thank you for posting this Matt. If there’s anything that deserves attention on this site right now it’s this. Hope you’re doing well after all the shit you copped.
1w
Thank you both @BaddieBaphomet @KaitoNkmra :)

I do not feel any regret posting this at all, it's too valuable!
213 replies wtf?? its a warzone down here
1w
Honestly this is probably the most valuable review on this sight as it is the one pissing off the most rabid Kanye stans. If nothing else this comment section gives me a list of users to block. Thanks matt, godspeed
1w
@Matt, honestly you make it hard to argue with that... this is in fact your page!! Do what you want brother!! More power to you!! I just hope you make it out the other side
๐Ÿคฃ
Why they so mad, this ain't the Holy Grail wtf
dear lord
free palestine
1w
Matt is valid asf for this though. It’s not like he didn’t give the album a fair shot as mentioned in his review. He stated the severity of Kanye’s misactions to justify why some people are unable to look past them and rightfully so. He also said if someone wants to listen to the album on their own accord, that is completely justified, and they can get enjoyment out of it too. All he did was pass his point. You’re entitled to the right to listen and enjoy anything you want to, as a fan of Ye’s music myself, but don’t be oblivious to his wrongdoings, and don’t be out here witch hunting people for having a difference in opinion
stunning and brave
1w
kanye stans truly are cooked when they feel the need to defend antisemetism with the most random bullshit arguments they can think of
1w
The fact that his fanboys are so upset by this shows how many of them are silently okay with his worldviews and the shit he says and will defend him to the end of the earth even though he doesn't know they exist. Nicely done
1w
it's incredible that someone will see "fuck nazism" and get so mad that they decide to argue in the comments
1w
Fuck a Nazi and fuck anybody who stans one
1w
You’re right; don’t let anyone try to sway you because you’re not afraid to speak the truth ๐Ÿ’›

Christianity point is somewhat true; I don’t get what it is these days, but it seems a large portion of the music population doesn’t seem to support Christian’s nor Jews because they believe in a God that loves them. Tbh, I don’t know why this is, but I believe that even if they disagree, there should be at LEAST a level of respect and dignity held by the one who disagrees.

Thank God we live in a world that is able to foster so many opinions, but people here dramatize disagreement for attacks and then cancellation seems to be the only way to solve it for them.

And since I’ve seen people argue this:
•You can be guilty of hate crimes towards a majority religion.
•You can be guilty of racism towards the majority race.

I don’t get what people don’t get about human decency these days…
1w
His views are his views, if it bothers to this degree then don't listen to the album, everyone has a choice.
great review
is it that deep
yes greg
1w
@GregThunder Id argue yes as there's hate crimes involved
1w
@MusicManJay It's almost like you didn't read what I said because I said the same thing.
1w
The fact I'm still getting the same comments with the same points just show that 1. Kanye's fanbase is a hivemind, and 2. they don't like reading allat!
1w
@TomBejoy Exactly, some people are acting like I'm actively telling people to not listen to the album when all I'm doing is stating facts and telling them they have the choice to do what they want with them. Somehow that's offensive !
1w
i 100% agree with your perspective on this and you’ve laid out your points extremely well. great review ๐Ÿฉท
1w
why do some people struggle to say "fuck antisemitism AND free palestine" why does there have to be a "but"?
1w
@Stink i find it odd too, a lot of the free palestine comments although warranted and i agree with felt backhanded because the topic regarded antisemitism
Warranted in the sense that Palestine should be freed *
1w
Thank you for this very important review, including your reaction to the criticism. You're doing a great service with this.
1w
I also can't listen to him without being reminded of his actions. I can sometimes listen to his early stuff without being reminded but even graduation has a lyric that says "I hate these (fellas) more than the Nazis" so pretty much just his first two albums and maybe MBDTF. But getting through anything past that makes me feel like an asshole so I can't do it. It makes it worse that before the 2022 stuff started he said "I can say whatever I want and Adidas won't drop me" which proves he knew what he was doing.
1w
It’s very upsetting to see everyone’s responses to this; saying that “its the music, not the person, who you should be judging”…

Well, I therefore am judging both when thinking of this album because Kanye very much implements his opinions and inserts his defense in this album; you cannot separate a project from the artist of the artist makes the art as an extension to their personality.
@matt you’re good g
1w
I am so fucking confused. Are we reviewing musical content and quality or an artists stances on social issues. This off track foray into the topic is just fucking confusing to me. It's like if I came on here and said "My favorite thing about Queen: Greatest hits is Freddie Mercury likes gay people, so I'm giving it a 50. Included is a list of everything Elton John has done for the LGBTQ movement and an elaborate breakdown of instances that may imply Eminem is maybe probably possibly not gay," It's like....wtf is happening?
And just to comment (can't resist)....The fuckin guy can be prejudiced if he wants to. And frankly, it's really not that big of deal. He's not actively trying to do harm to anyone, all he's done is express his opinions on a group of people based on his own experiences. He ain't dropping K-bombs, sieg heiling, calling for genocide, etc. The lvl of his racism is basically complaining he got sidelined. It'll be oook! KAYNE WEST DOES NOT CARE ABOUT JEWISH PEOPLE
you a legend
1w
@SaintPepe it's in the music lol
1w
Matt edited the review and made it even more based damn
1w
My man didn't just cook, bro lit the whole kitchen on fire. Based as hell.
holy cope๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Nice
1w
kanye was right. same as prince, dave chapelle, mj, the list goes on. cope harder. review the actual album.
1w
@Rice yeah it looks weird but don't worry it's nothing harmful or offensive towards Jews from me, in my country (Poland) we've been killed with Jews by Germans so it's obvious I don't have any problem to Jews but the heads of Israel. Sad thing they ellected them, but I hope that this is not the thing they wanted to achieve voting for Netanjahu and his ppl
1w
@peppo i don’t know what you’re responding to, but it’s actually very sad. Even before this insane, horrible invasion, the majority of Israelis did not support Netanyahu. But Netanyahu has won the last few elections through winning minority of the population, but building large coalitions with other right wing parties, while all of the left leaning and centrist parties have consistently failed to unite and create a strong coalition. Because if this, left and centrist parties win the majority of the votes but as separate entities, while Netanyahu has, despite being unpopular, united his support under a broad coalition that keeps him in power
1w
@kanyeraejepsen I did review it! You just didn't read it!
@matt good on u for fighting antisemitism frfr ๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ
1w
@Matt Honestly, came back to say W review for real, definitely after the TMZ vid he did recently where he defended his statements on being "Antisemitic". That did it even more for me.
1w
Good points on a lot of these but "Double-Headed Golden Eagle" might be a reach. Kanye, as far as I remember, hired Gosha Rubchinskiy to work on new yeezy stuff. Gosha has used the double headed eagle a lot in his work, cause you know, it's a coat of arms of Russian Fedration (Gosha's hometown)
1w
@CRAZYF1R3 Idk i think the stylization of Kanye's eagle is exactly like the Nazi eagle just with two heads. And also anything with an eagle in it's imagery is kinda like a Nazi dogwhistle, and combining it with his other antics, I don't think it's really a reach at all
get a job
1w
@flavynn I post here like once a month bud
1w
hello @icantanymore , my comment was a reply to a reply to my earilier comment, so that's why my comment may seem kinda not understandable. But I'll make it clear in few words - it's not about the people, but the government and army commiting all these russia type of shit crimes. I really respect everyone, especially when I work in tourism. That's good Nentanyahu was unpopular, but very unfortunate he's such an important person. The next sad thing is that countries support his terror knowing that it's their buisness to support them. Let's hope someday world will be more peaceful, but I know that it is not possible. (it's a music forum and I'm making my statements about the world I think I'm going crazy) Have a nice day everyone!
I appreciate this.

Sociopolitical issues are not separate from the broader culture of which they are a part. We create categories such as "social," "political," "musical, and "artistic," but these words are merely tools to understand and communicate about our entangled world. The suggestion that an artist's social/political commentary ought to be disregarded in the context of his/her/their music reifies the boundaries between these words. There are no objective boundaries that define the social, the political, the musical, nor the artistic; these are constructed yet porous, amorphous boundaries. There are no walls. Any given action is mediated and influenced by broader social and political factors/forces. All music is related to a broader sociopolitical context, and that becomes explicit and obvious when the artist himself makes discriminatory comments in a public setting. We need "culture," "society," and the constructed categories within them to be understood holistically.
1w
And no tolerance for intolerance. Don't normalize nazism and antisemitism in hip hop
@Defamiliarized Amazingly worded
1w
@Defamiliarized I fuck with you so hard
1w
I'm a Kanye fan but he needs to stop this anti-semite shit, and he needs to stop using it in his music lol. The songs for me are decent-enjoyable but poorly mixed (londonondatrack please come into clutch). I believe in separate the art and the artist but when the art is about the artist's anti-semitism on some tracks, which is just poor from him. Hopefully with a Vol 2 you don't see that type of shit (the leaks don't have anti-semitic stuff), but he constantly grabs attention to himself, with controversy and with the music.
1w
great review amazing review go off
1w
kanye stans giving off heavy “keep politics out of sports” vibes
1w
& not liking his anti-semitic remarks in his music is a completely valid criticism of the album’s lyrical value. talking about him being an anti-semite IS talking about the album. this reeks of cope from his fans
1w
imagine not talking about how kendrick lamar’s political statements positively impacted TPAB. the disconnect is insane on this site
1w
Amazing Review. I have been trying to cope and find even the littlest excuses to try and disregard Kanye’s actions but this album and this review really but the nail in the coffin. Thank you for educating me Big Man.
1w
You start the "review" with "Fuck Nazism". Your grandkids will someday write a review that starts with the words "Fuck Zionism".
1w
it is incredibly hard to separate art from the artist in ye's case when he literally says shit like the jewish bitch line, i really do like his music but whenever i see some nigga defending ye it is hard to imagine that person as anything less of a neonazi. personally i enjoyed this album but ye's antics need to be addressed fr, you know he fucked up when adin ross tweets a photoshopped image of him along with trump, andrew tate and elon musk, them aint the kinda niggas i wanna see ye associated with, but it seems like he DOES want to be associated with them by the shit he says
1w
if your response to this review is “free palestine” or “fuck zionism” then it’s obvious you missed the point. in what way is this a pro zionist review
1w
@HYENA There's no way ur takeaway from this is ME being a Zionist. Because i'm not. Get a grip
1w
Very informative and based. I appreciate that you included sources for his statements as well.

Saying "Fuck Nazism" shouldn't be as controversial as some in these comments make it seem. Personally, and this just an opinion, but I'd rather not normalize antisemitism.

Like @Defamiliarized said, no tolerance for intolerance. Good review!
1w
Amazing review i didn't realize it went back this far
1w
@HYENA you are so very intelligent my friend.
why wont you make a summary of the amount of BISHES you have๐Ÿค“
1w
this aint very skibidi of you dawg
not the twelve year olds ๐Ÿ’€
@Sidthekiddxx Ok "Sidthekiddx"
1w
This was a great read and very informative for others, even I didn't know a good amount of the things here. Good shit.
1w
I appreciate u at least not 0 bombing the album, its a music rating website after all
why wont you make a summary of the amount of BISHES you have๐Ÿค“
@YoussWRLD I rate purely off musicality so a 0 wouldnt really represent that
1w
@Matt Please don't tell ME to get a grip. Thank you. And btw... read books instead of newspapers and social media.
@HYENA get a grip.
@stink ahahahahah. hilarious
1w
@HYENA Capitalized "ME" bc of ur ego, wild. Also weird of you to assume that i don't read books, as a lot of my time is spent reading them but ight
1w
Maybe he assumed that bc i cited newspapers and social media but who tf talking about Kanye in a book besides himself
1w
@HYENA you are a fuckinmg idiot
matt W
1w
how are people so mad at literally the facts ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ, this has all been proven how is this deniable in any way. the rise of antisemitism lately has gotten so out of hand
I dont like nazis :(
1w
"I personally felt that my personal opinions on the musicality of the album didn’t add much to what I was trying to state, so I left it out, only leaving a rating because a 5/10 is what I believe the album is for me personally", still writes a review? No one is forcing you to write a review on an album that you have no opinion of bro.
1w
@MuffinBrain So many people in this comment section was basically forcing me to do one because they believed what i provided wasnt relevant and/or i was being unfair. So I provided a small one just to prove the contrary
1w
My traditional reviews are much longer and analytical, this album didn't have enough substance for me to review besides it's lyrical content
I revolutionized the aoty drama response game ๐Ÿ™
1w
how the fuck.........why are y'all so mad about this???????? he literally just stated things that your "goat" kanye did. jesus christ man get a grip
1w
@Matt When you write "Capitalized "ME" bc of ur ego, wild.". Do you even remember the comments you wrote previously? Allow me: "There's no way ur takeaway from this is ME being a Zionist. Because i'm not. Get a grip". Now I write: "Capitalized "ME" bc of ur ego, wild."
1w
@HYENA Get off your high horse lmfao, I capitalized me because it was preposterous to think I'm a Zionist from this review and you capitalized me because you thought it was preposterous for me to tell you to get a grip
1w
Anyways, that's besides the point. Please explain to me how I'm a Zionist within the context of this review
1w
Love the review Matt,I know it can be hard to speak up these types of issues proud of you for not being afraid to talk about it
1w
It's worth noting that while there are some very questionable lyrics regarding the Jewish community, Ye's anti-semitism does not seem to be the main message of the album, since there is only a small presence of these particular lyrics. Rather, it seems the message Ye is putting out is that he can come back from anything, regardless of what controversies, lost relationships, lost contracts, etc., have occurred, as there is a stronger presence of lyrics related to this aspiration. Maybe he does not execute this message well in terms of the music quality (especially since the particular questionable lyrics can be distracting), but good or not, that seems to be the overarching message of the album. But not many people seem to acknowledge this message, as they are focused on Ye being anti-semite more than anything else - which is valid (Ye's anti-semitism has caused real world incidents), but then, why not just ignore this album? Why react to it at all if Ye is a bad individual?
1w
@NotAMusicCritic I feel as if the subtlety of the anti-semitism actually is more harmful than if it were the main message. If it were the main message, he would have way less support. But since it isn't, he has more support. This subtlety makes it easier for Kanye to ease people into Anti-semitism and almost normalize it. That is incredibly dangerous. Also yes I could and others can just ignore the album but I think it's also important to perpetuate a message like making people aware of how bad the situation is so the people who choose not to ignore the album and blindly support Kanye have their morality unchecked in a sense. I hope that makes sense
Checked*
matt da ๐Ÿ no cap
1w
@mattsreviews Fair. The potential for normalization is definitely concerning; I could definitely see the lack of direct anti-semitic lyrics in his music to be an excuse used by die-hard Ye fans to justify Ye's actions, especially if Ye continues to be vocal about his anti-semitism in the future. Personally, I'm hoping that Ye will move on to a different, ethical source of inspiration for his next post-Vultures album (Ye has always had a new/different focus/inspiration every album), and that at that point, he makes serious reparations with the Jewish community, as Ye continuing to have an unethical opinion may cause more and more listeners to just permanently ignore him. Of course, there is also the possibility that Ye could switch focus to another unethical subject for his next post-Vultures album... yikes.
1w
@mattsreviews You also make a good point about informing people of the situation. I guess whoever wouldn't listen to the album for personal interest, but feels the responsibility to inform, should then listen to the album.

I actually reacted to the album for a different reason. I had a small hope that maybe the tracks on the album besides the title track would not remind viewers at all of his anti-semitism, because Ye was not a major anti-semitic individual in his musical career from 2004 to 2021, so if he was capable of changing from a more ethical self to anti-semitic in 2022, I certainly think he is capable of changing back. However, obviously it seems that this is not the case for Vultures 1. And probably not the case for any of his 2024 albums. He may have to wait a while to see any change in focus from Ye.
*We may have to wait
1w
@reaIreaIweaseI nah we were just trolling while talking irl the shit we say when we're bored is beyond brainrot
Thundercat really satirised Kanye 7 years earlier on Wesley’s theory
1w
This review goes so hard
1w
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Damn, nearly 1k likes. Never thought I would ever hit that
1w
@Daisyyyy Also what are you giggling at
1w
dude this review is amazing keep doing what your doing
LMFAOOOOO
1w
Thank you for doing good on this site Matt
1w
I've been getting into Kanye a bit as of recently, reason being a friend of mine was really into him and encouraged me to give a listen. Anyone who thinks his statements aren't antisemitism nor Nazi-idealist are fucking blind. Just ask my friend who, as a Jewish person, found his statements disturbing. Yes, you can seperate art from artist, but don't let that excuse the artist's actions.
Holy shit almost 1000 likes
1000 likes, fucking wild
good job
1w
Congrats on the 1k likes!
1w
@DreadDronee I have to disagree on this one

What I wrote and my personal rating are completely separate from each other. It's kinda like expecting a shitposter to write a real review on something. I'm not exactly obligated to write this album a review, but I assigned a score so people knew how I felt. I explained this in the link that I put at the top, I also provided extra thoughts on the album for people who were wondering. If you want my full response to why I didn't actually review it, it's in that link.
1w
crazy that the most liked reviews are this, a stupid one liner by an unknown account, and some brad review
1w
Thank you for the essay and not an album review, instead of reviewing albums you should make a biography about people, you would be better for that than rating bro
1w
Can't tell if these last two comments were disses or not but if so thanks
1w
People complaining about this review are so dumb and missing the point, this background gives amazing insight to Ye's mental state and actions as he made the album, in fact it also explains the unhinged lines in the albums. It's a great piece of context and helps people when going into the album, it's a great post. And it's Matt's personal page if he wants to post this he can, and it got so many likes as people find it helpful. Not very hard to understand.
Based, ignore the Kanye glazers
1w
not a diss, just an observation. This is a very necessary ‘review’, and you did a great job pulling it together
1w
@FatherGary Well thank you!
1w
So you’re mad at Kanye for speaking facts? Schools DO promote Zionism, 22 Jump Street wasn’t good, if anything this just makes me think you’re a dick rider for the Israelis.
1w
Everyone point and laugh at this guy. When the hell did I say I was a dick rider for Israeli's? Free Palestine and Fuck Nazism!
wooooooooooooow
i love this review ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ
@peppo agreed, <3
1w
@toksick If you're gonna troll at least be funny
1w
@toksick Brother ur name on the site is toksick u think im stupid ๐Ÿ’€ You also didnt block me and also i didnt know it was woke to dislike Nazi's but ight
1w
fellas is it woke to hate nazi
1w
@toksick i thought you blocked matt how did you commented on this review
and i didn't even tagged you ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
1w
@@toksick and how can i have shitty taste of music when i rated Windswept Adan and LEGO® White Noise a 100
checkmate bitch
sheer power of LEGO® White Noise and Windswept Adan
wtf i have windswept adan at a 10 too this is bullshit @toksick I want a recall
Also my rating for this did not change for Fantano at all ๐Ÿ˜ญ
How is this comment section still active after a week๐Ÿ’€
the comment section needs to listen to disco volante [1]
1w
Separating art from artist is not that hard to do, but these popular review bitches are sensitive snowflakes, even changed their real rating to Fantano's brownosing one. Have some fucking dignity and unbiased opinion. No wonder this site isn't reflecting real rating.
@Chode facts
1w
Is this now the most liked review on this website?
1w
It isn't. A witty one-sentence review of Nicki's "diss track" against Megan has like 200 more likes than this.
1w
@VIbesRUs one liner on Scaring the Hoes has it.
I'm coming for #1
6d
Lol, there is so many comments on this review, hard agree with your statement, Matt, but I still would've like to heard your thoughts about how you gave it a 40. It was boring asf, and I am just strictly curious about the 40, that's all. Also, I knew Kanye was a piece of shit antisemite, but I never knew there were this many instances, so thank you for putting it all in a nice, little timeline.
6d
@Brogotmehyped Basically my thought process behind enjoying media is that if something is going to be bad, at least be funny bad, and ill give it over a 5. But this is boring bad, and boring bad is one of my least favorite types of media, explaining the 4/10. I do like two or three tracks off the record though, it has some nice things about it
6d
Gotcha, thank you for your input, I feel the same way, although your forty is more like my 70 tbh LMAO
6d
@Brogotmehyped Im a pretty harsh rater just in general haha
6d
Man this comment section is something else lmao
LISTEN TO DISCO VOLANTE BY MR BUNGLE
6d
Rappers talk about how much they hate white people, how much they hate women, how much they hate gay people: I sleep

Rapper talks shit about jews: REAL SHIT?????????
6d
Buddy. Your page is clearly called MattsReviews. Please review the album .
6d
this might be your magnum opus matt
6d
I completely agree with your detailed summary of Kanye’s disgusting behavior. However, I would’ve liked it if you had given some thoughts on the album itself as well, as that is the point of leaving a review on it.
6d
My god does no one anything nowadays istg. CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!
6d
is this just the equivalent to the Anthony Fantano video.
This review and comment section is my Roman Empire
6d
@Bathornhead Sorta, but mine came first
5d
@Matt I agree with you but i have a question, I don't understand the reason why you are here going through the comments on your "review" and replying to some of them almost daily, why see or answer hurtful comments and mad people asking questions that you already answered in the link? If they don't bother to open it that's their problem. I understand a bit about checking the comments but still replying? After all they are only going to remember you as the guy who didn't actually give a review to kanye's new album if they keep remembering you in 2 months. But enjoy your moment, I guess.
5d
@MakiCow Comments are meant to be replied to, i don't actually really care about what they think of me at the end of the day as long as they acknowledge what i wrote

No point in not keeping interactions on this page either, i really don't get your point. I dont see this as a "moment" either, its not like ive never received attention on this site before.
5d
You asked a question, and i answered, thats why i answer comments
@Matt It's okay bud
Leafy pfp in 2024 is insane yo ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Bro called me bud ๐Ÿ˜ญ
5d
leafy just might be here
4d
LMFAO
2d
@Matt #FantanoStoleMattsReview
1d
This review & these replies accomplish absolutely nothing. Ye isn't a nazi & Vultures is gonna remain a great album
1d
@Matt yo bro keen for a quick discussion if you’re down. Pretty much all evidence suggests the world is deterministic, yeah there’s still probabilities but they all appear determined; and even if you disagree with that, people seem to have no real free will. As, or hypothetically, if free will doesn’t exist, should we judge the people who make the music? If free will doesn’t exist then the music is made by biological robots, they may be ‘bad people’ but they’re just a link in a chain of cause and effect. Therefore if people aren’t responsible for their actions then Ye’s previous actions have no relevance to this album.
1d
Also I was just rereading through that because I skimmed it before, cause yeah theres a lot, but i was surprised that most were tame asf. A few points were heresay by biased persons or media, others were him just making harmless stereotypes, he wasn’t painting Jews in a negative light, and some seemed to just be him trying to itch his craving for controversy, although that deathcon 3 shit was over the line. I’m just wondering if anyone would have given a shit though if he had said they were white instead of Jewish. Black rappers often call white people crackers, stereotype all of them as racists, and quite often threaten white people. Why is what Kanye west doing worse then these other rappers actions?
1d
@B307 I think it all comes down to how harmful the effects of the music are. For example Kanye has caused hate crimes and is trying to ease people into anti-semitism with his rhetoric in the album. That's what I have a problem with. The argument about racist Black rappers has much more nuance than what you're saying. What Kanye is doing is advocating for the death of Jews, providing really surface level stereotypes, Nazi/white supremacist imagery, and causing hate crimes. What you generalize as Black rappers is a stereotype in itself kind of saying that all Black rappers are racist when that isn't the truth. I don't support racism of any kind. If a Black rapper is racist, obviously I wouldn't like that. Kanye's doing worse because his actions are more dangerous and outright than just a bar in a song.
1d
Also the "few points" that may be wrong or misconstrued or whatever you think still need to be in the summary as this is a timeline, I'm not going to cherry-pick based off my personal beliefs because everything should be laid out here. Read the sources if you don't agree with me and come out with your own beliefs, that's the entire point of the review
1d
@murderousmonk Curious to know why you think Kanye isn't a Nazi just to spark some discussion
22h
checking daily on the review that got you the most attention and responding for even more of it is crazy ๐Ÿ˜ญ
21h
@More_useless Did you really make an account to just say that ๐Ÿ’€ Why would I not respond to it if someone said they are keen for a quick discussion
21h
Not even like this is an old review either, shit came out 2 weeks ago
20h
@More_useless creating an alt account just to comment to get attention is crazy ๐Ÿ˜ญ.
20h
@Matt I mean I disagree, Ye’s actions didn’t directly result in any consequence, if people agreed with what he is saying then they can believe what they want, if people acted antisemetically then that was their choice not ye’s.
Why does it have more nuance?
It was a generalisation, obviously not all black rappers have an anti white agenda but there many black rappers who do include racist lyrics, and honestly it really doesn’t bother me except for the fact that the same fans of these artists are boycotting Kanye west.
20h
Also Kanye only made one advocation for Jewish deaths from your list, and that seemed more like a joke or attempt at stirring the pot rather than a genuine believe. He obviously stereotyped quite a bit, but if he genuinely believes that the majority of Jewish people act a certain way through the cultural cultivation of their character then thats his opinion.
Maybe he’s an idiot for holding those views, but if he’s an idiot then he doesn’t have the capability to understand the truth, so why should we criticise an idiot for speaking what he believes is the truth? Maybe you believe it could lead to dangerous consequences, but imo the government should be in charge of making sure no Jewish people are physically harmed.
20h
Oh yeah I didn’t have a problem with your timeline I was just surprised people were acting like he’s a monster when the stuff I read wasn’t particularly egregious imo.
14h
i am not reading allat
3h
damn checking on my profile is even crazy