AOTY 2020
BTS - BE
Oct 5, 2020 (updated Nov 21, 2020)
Letter To BTS Stans From Twitter: Haha y'all dumb as fuck thanks for my first popular this week. This is kind of illegal but whatever, get finessed and stop spamming these reviews please.

[Actual Review and Rating Now]
As of now it's been over 6 months since Soul: 7 which is an album I've had a love/hate relationship with. At first I was confused as to the direction they were going into and I really wished they could've delved deeper into their persona's. Aside from this slight narrative fault, it was a MASSIVE grower and its long runtime was wierdly a part of that. Specifically I found it to be really soothing as I worked on school projects at 3am. Anyways with that out of the way let's move onto Dynamite.

Dynamite above all things is a big question mark for me. I can't tell if I love it or completely hate it. On one hand, I find the track to be pretty compelling and catchy, the melodies are great and the instrumental is squeaky clean. Unfortunately that came with really questionable English lyrics which made it really hard to enjoy at times. The lyrics there are so dull and honestly seem more like gibberish to go along with the beat rather than give a magnetic narrative.

Fast forward to the present...we have a new BTS album. It's title is 'BE,' now this scared me at first because of its alarming simplicity. In addition they announced that Dynamite would be a track on this album which did not feel right to me. This album was supposed to be their most personal yet, so why was Dynamite, the most cntrl c + cntrl v track ever on here?

It was only then that I realised that no, LY: Tear was not getting a remake. As much as I wanted another personal self-made album, this would not be it. Even though this album would be very personal, above anything, this album was for the fans. Now with Dynamite being a 100% shut the fuck up and smile mainstream banger, it had to be on this record, no matter my objections.

Now it's release day, I come here expeting to hate it. I just want to fucking thrash it so bad... or do I? Everyone around me tells me that BTS sucks, and I agree, their music isn't very good. Unfortunately, I love this trash music. I replay it again and again and even with the horrible vocal proccessing and the poor start, this album still got a 73. Its wierd because a day ago, I was 100% ready to give it a 60. Now I can't, I've replayed this way too much already and it's honestly pretty charming. The tracks are nothing new, as some people have already stated BTS don't really do anything new here. Yet they carry a certain freshness that's been drawing me in since LY: Her. In fact, tracks like dis-ease, Telepathy, Fly To My Room, and Stay feel plucked right out of the Love Yourself series. They bring a sense of ease mixed with some great pop-hooks. It's a nice formula that really doesn't get old for me. Now that I think about it, this is exactly why I enjoy BTS so much. It's the comfort their music brings. From tracks like Pied Piper, The Truth Untold, BTS has continuously brought enjoyable pop that thrives in its simplicity. Simple pop, mixed with global impact, really gives me tunes that are frankly hard to ignore. So thank you BTS, because you accomplished what you wanted. For me, you made a comforting album that I can either nitpick to death or sit back and listen. Frankly it just depends on my mood

Fav Tracks: Fly To My Room, Skit, Telepathy, Dis-ease, Stay, Dynamite💥
Worst Track: Life Goes On🤮
Oct 11, 2020
I love you fellow armies and this is the album of the year! It was so good!!!!!!
Comment your fav track below
Oct 14, 2020
OMG, my fav one was "Love and be yourself"!!! The lyrics are sooo deep, I learnt Korean just so I could understand the lyricss (you have to know Korean to understand all the subtleties). I cried straight away as soon as I heard the first word 😭😭😭 After listening to the song I understood that u have to love and be yourself (deep shit). Jungkook's vocals got me Jungshook (he's my bias) and Suga outrapped Kendrick Lamar's entire career imo. Don't listen to the haters, Armies, this is AOTY, nay, probably even Album Of The Century.
Oct 14, 2020
bts is the genre! bts paved the way for korea, carrying south korea economy on their backs! what's samsung? kookie and mochi my favorite vocaliss.. mr jin world wid handsome!.. they can make any song... any genre..the lyrics are heartwrenchingly beautiful and i cried listening to them. bts taught me to love myself and im proud to be A RMY~~~! BANGTAN SONYEONDAN HWAITING!
Oct 14, 2020
YES BTS IS SOOOO GOOD. They literally changed my life and make life worth living. God I just can't get over their music and their discography is immaculate
Oct 14, 2020
Intro: Life Is Good was chef's kiss. Like, I didn't know the vocal line would remind me that life really was good. ARMY 4 lyfe!
Oct 15, 2020
bruh i literally had the same idea LMAOOOOOOO
Oct 15, 2020
I love Brockhampton too, Kevin Abstract is so versatile and the biggest creative in the group. Matt Champion is amazing with flows and his delivery is always so clean. Dom McLennon is a crazy lyricist, there is nothing he can't do. Joba is so dynamic and can range from crazy angry to really bummed and depressed. Merlyn is so charismatic and can contribute some of the catchiest verses. Bearface has the voice of an angel and can control his voice so well. Of course, HK, Jabari Manwa, Romil Hemnani, and Kiko Merley do an amazing job with production creating new ideas every time. The greatest boyband of all time!
Oct 16, 2020
Nov 19, 2020
YOU LOVED IT TOO? SAMEEEE! Liked and subbed!
ily fellow army
The disrepect to Jin.
Nov 20, 2020
oh fuck cant beleive i forgot, he's deadass my bias too
Nov 20, 2020
Also Jimin wrote the bridge in dis-ease, no wonder it was so good!!!
Gay
Nov 20, 2020
hey tom please dont use gay as an insult please
Nov 20, 2020
My fav track was dis-ease but ngl Telepathy wasis
TELEPATHY SUPREMACY WOO THIS TRACK BANGS
Nov 20, 2020
Also Dynamite is still jsut as good as it was on first listen wtf king shit
[hidden]
Nov 20, 2020
How the hell have they "grown musically"? This is by far their simplest and most straightforward album. If anything has improved it's their vocals, which are pretty, but the music itself is nothing they haven't done before right? So please explain to me how this is not a massive step down for BTS.
Nov 20, 2020
@Jazpurz this review is a joke lmfao, I just wanted likes from the bots how did you not notice. My actual rating is llike a 60
OHHHHHHHHHHHH MAKES SENSE LMAO