Radiohead - In Rainbows
Jan 20, 2019
I remember the first time I heard In Rainbows. I was not interested and super bored, I didn't even give every song a go. I didn't get the magic of its existence so I thought it was boring and pretty regular. This album was what gave me the click, what really got me into music, what made me pay attention to it... I feel a spiritual connection with it.
First of all, the cover art is amazing. It translates the aesthetics and the ideas of the songs perfectly. It's colourful yet dark, abstract and quite magical, just like the music itself. The title "In Rainbows" fits it very very well too.
Songs like 15 Step, Bodysnatchers and Jigsaw Falling Into Place are powerful, energetic, almost dramatic. Nude is pure and delicated just like its title. All I Need is beautiful and melodic. Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi is clear but really strong. Reckoner is dense and harmonic. The use of syncopated rhythms, clean guitar sounds, jazzy bass lines and Thom's sexy and soft voice creates an almost hypnotic atmosphere. This is a honest, solid and heartwarming album. It's emotional, vulnerable, melancholic and detailed.
Personal Faves: Reckoner, Weird Fishes, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, 15 Step, All I Need.
Radiohead stole my heart.
Jan 20, 2019
This review is so messy wow
Jan 26, 2019