Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞
Jan 15, 2019
I listened to this after having the most special musical experience of my life with Lift Your Skinny Fists so I had really high expectations. This album didn't let me down. GY!BE is a band that pretty much uses the real Post-Rock meaning. If you listen to their music with attention, you'll see things, imagine things, FEEL things. That's why people say their music is cinematic. It's almost like watching a film. It takes us to another reality, another dimention, feelings I can only get with bands/artists like Anna Von Hausswolff, Have a Nice Life, Daughters, Swans and maybe King Gizzard... I don't know if you do but I find it amazing!
I'm beggining to like long tracks more and more. Longer tracks have slower buildups, more complex aspects and instrumentation, they also ask for patience so it's better to sit back and relax. F♯ A♯ ∞ is dark, haunting, kinda scary, super atmospheric. I gotta say, I love the monologues they use. They are like what introduces us to the song's purpose. In that album they show us an apocalyptic landscape, the world is ending due to the influence of a lost society. They show us death, paranoia and pain.
All songs have this unique depressing yet epic vibe. They have climaxes, smooth and softer moments.
More than never I believe that real music is not to simply listen to. It is to experience, to feel. Thanks to GY!BE, I discovered it.
Jan 16, 2019
Your reviewing game is strong.
Para mim este album realmente alcança tudo o que a música pode ser enquanto experiência sensorial.
Ainda bem que gostas!
Jan 16, 2019
Obrigada pela sugestão!! É fantástico mas devo dizer que prefiro o LYSF
Jan 16, 2019
great review of music that is very hard to describe. well done.
Jan 16, 2019
@JohnLouisHoward thank you!!! :)