Parrhesia - For Everything to Be Consummated, For Me to Feel Less Alone, I Had Only to Wish That There Be a Large Crowd of Spectators the Day of My Execution and
Feb 23, 2021
FULL ALBUM TITLE: "For Everything to Be Consummated, For Me to Feel Less Alone, I Had Only to Wish That There Be A Large Crowd Of Spectators The Day of My Execution And That They Greet Me With Cries of Hate" (the final sentence from Albert Camus' "The Stranger")

An apocalyptic and terrifying album that lasts only seven minutes but it manages, through pained vocals and poetic lyrics, to paint a truly morbid landscape. This is one of the most powerful screamo releases I've ever heard. It pulls from grind and metalcore and scuffs it up with blast of powerviolence and post-metal while never for a second losing its edge or identity. Sometimes the multiple vocalist approach taken here can be the most exhausting part but it often adds just another layer of misery to the mix, the final track being the best example.

Fantastic guitar and bass work and steady drumming throughout. The vocals are shrieked, yelled, and shouted in such a cathartic way that they often fight their way through the dense muck of the mix. Well-produced yet lo-fi. This is the true spirit of screamo. You have been warned. This one is bruising.

BEST TRACK: "VII"