Moses Sumney - græ
May 18, 2020
græ is the second studio album from American singer-songwriter Moses Sumney, whose work I was not familiar with up to this point and græ would be the first experience that I would have with Moses musically. I didn't know what to expect going into the album, as I have stated I never listened to his music prior to this and I was kinda weary going into it because it's two discs but after hearing the first real track I had no reason to feel worried because I glided through this experience enjoying every second of it .

This album is phenomenal. Every track on here is entrancing in it's beauty, whether that be from the production, Moses' performances or the themes of the album. Production wise this album is serene, it's blends of ambient pop, jazz elements and neo-soul work wonders together, the quality and the atmosphere of it all just left me speechless, it's just so alluring. What makes the production even better is the accompanying vocals from Moses himself, his boyish and high pitched vocals are fantastic, he's a charismatic performer and the way he uses his vocals add to the beauty and atmosphere of the instrumentals and of course throughout the whole album the songwriting is on point.

As of right now this is my favourite release of the year. I'll definitely check out some of his other work and I'm gonna keep an eye out for what Moses has to offer next.

Best Tracks: Conveyor, Colouour and Me In 20 Years