Thundercat - It Is What It Is
Apr 3, 2020 (updated Apr 3, 2020)
While a lot of the tracks on here don't really have much meat on the bones and feel way too short, Thundercat still manages to deliver a very groovy and hypnotic experience. His smooth vocals and god like bass playing make this album for me and I really messed with a lot of bright moments on the album especially Dragonball Durag and a lot of the features were great too.

Thundercat's style of music still remains as unique as it always was for today's standards, his signature sound is still there, that being his really smooth vocals on top of some nostalgic production. The grooves are really good and they added quite a lot to each of the tracks, Thundercats bass playing is still amazing and continues to be a massive selling point for his music. The tracks throughout the album are really solid and have some really cool qualities to them but some of these tracks are just way too short and didn't really feel all that fleshed out like the tracks Miguel's Happy Dance, How Sway and Funny Thing. I was also disappointed by the track Overseas which I felt underutilised a Zach Fox feature. The biggest criticism that I have for this album however is the fact that it feels kind've predictable, if you've heard albums like Drunk then you pretty much already heard what's in store for this album, not that it's an entirely bad thing I just feel like Thundercat played it a bit too safe and didn't really take that many stylistic risks.

My YouTube Review: https://youtu.be/-nKHcrHeA_s

Best Tracks: Dragonball Durag, Fair Chance and It Is What It Is.

Worst Track: Existential Dread
Legends Never Die
Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware