Bladee - EXETER
Apr 7, 2020 (updated Apr 11, 2020)
1st Listen:
So it's no secret that I've never been the biggest fan of Bladee or what Drain Gang have had to offer for the longest time, more so Bladee and Thaiboy than anyone else but as of late their music has slowly grown on me but I'm still not there yet. This new Bladee album just came out and off of my first listen I think it's a decent effort but it's not great.

Firstly I got what I expected from Bladee, his whiny synthetic vocals matching some blissful and dreamy production but on this album in particular the beats are more minimal and I respect this approach that Bladee is going for but this was downfall of the project for me and I feel that way because some beats have so little going on that Bladee's vocals just lose me and become forgettable plus a lot of these tracks are just too short. Not to say that this happens all the time as there are tracks that sound fantastic like Wonderland and Merry-Go-Round.

Not overly consistent but a decent enough listen.

2nd Listen:
This man is trying to put me to sleep half the time. Bladee doesn't match this production in the slightest, his drony synthetic vocals matched with his minimalist and skeletal production is sleep inducing, there's so little going on that it's just flat out boring. No wonder it's bad, it was made in 5 days

Best Tracks: Wonderland, Merry-Go-Round and Lovestory

Worst : Every Moment Special
Apr 8, 2020
It's like the lava scene in Star Wars III but instead of lava it's bladee mixtapes and you're anakin and I'm obi wan
Apr 10, 2020