Soul Glo - Diaspora Problems
Mar 28, 2022
'Diaspora Problems' is by far one of the most interesting and unique records to come out in 2022 so far, it's insane in the amount that it manages to package into one project sound-wise but it's also just an insane sounding album in general. Soul Glo blend the sounds of Hardcore Punk, Screamo, Rap Rock, Noise Rock, Trap Rap and even Ska all over this album and it's insane to me that the band were able to do this in a way that doesn't come off as forced or lackluster, it genuinely feels like a smooth blend of sounds and ideas, and on top of that the album never lets up on the suffocating energy that the band bring with their performances. The production is gritty, heavy and raw, the vocals, flows and deliveries are fantastic and they match the blistering nature of this project, the very political lyrics are incredibly potent and raw, and the tracklist is very dynamic and consistent throughout. It’s generally a very frantic, in-your-face and raw album and I can totally see people being turned off by some aspects, but this is honestly right up my alley. Each track feels unique from one another and on top of all that, some of the best tracks of the year for me are on this project, particularly the final track. This is a thoroughly enjoyable and fantastic Hardcore record, it's easily one the best albums that I've heard all year and it's one I can see myself returning to for the following year, I would absolutely recommend.

Best Tracks: Gold Chain Punk (whogonbeatmyass?), Driponomics and Spiritual Level Of Gang Shit
Worst Track: None