Mac Miller - Swimming
Nov 3, 2018 (updated Mar 28, 2019)
Swimming is a satisfactory closer to Mac Millers discography even if it wasn't meant to be. This album is mainly piano and synth driven and can even feel funky at times such as on songs like "What's The Use?" and "Ladders", but the majority of this record is rather bitter sweet and makes for an easy listening experience that still has depth to it. Mac's delivery is smooth and his singing is also a welcome change of pace to the album. My one major complaint with Swimming however is that this album is dragged on way to long. Most of the tracks are around the 4 minute mark on a 58 minute album, whilst most of these tracks are really good, they're just not dynamic enough to keep my attention for so long and a lot of these songs sound similar so this album can be a bit draining listening to it all the way through, however it still makes for a record which has songs that still function well and deserved to he heard.

Edit:(original score: 70) Yeah I got a lot more to say about this album since my original review of it. Maybe one day I'll write a new review for it but this album has grown on me exceptionally.

Best Track: So It Goes