CAKE POP - Cake Pop 2
May 1, 2021
not gonna make a joke before this review

this album opens up with two really processed and clunky songs that are both extremely busy and cluttered. hate to say it, but this is the final nail in the coffin for hyperpop, at least for me. the rebecca black remix had me really worried and there has not been a single good thing to come out of this genre for so long. every single song on here sounds like an obnoxious throwaway from 100 gecs. however, instead of reminding me of songs like money machine, 800db cloud, and stupid horse, cake pop two reminds me of the pre-debut 100 gecs songs like bloodstains and dog food, both of which are completely intolerable. perhaps it’s just because i’m an old stinky boomer, but i just can’t find a singular enjoyable factor here. i’ll give points because the opener black rum is somewhat well developed, and dylan’s antics aren’t as fucking awful. everything from there is such a big turn off. the processed vocals are really static and overdone; exactly with the production. it’s just gross, sickening music that somehow has a huge fanbase.

rip hyperpop cake pop fucking killed you

best - black rum