Marilyn Manson - WE ARE CHAOS
Sep 11, 2020
Not bad Mary. Not bad.

We are Chaos is finally a bright spot in some not great albums in recent years. The opener is a great intro track with an unsettling spoken word at the beginning and it goes into one of the more aggressive moments of the track list sets up the album well. The next 5 tracks are great hard rock songs but if you’re not already a fan of Manson they probably won’t do much for you. Infinite Darkness is the standout of these 5, the chorus hits hard and this song has my favorite riffs of the record.

The next 3 tracks are not that great in my opinion if the previous tracks haven’t won you over yet these won’t either. The Cringe edgelord lyrics and uninspired performance and music makes these a skip for me.

Thankfully Manson is able to bring it back with my favorite song of the record. Broken Needles structurally has a great build up with the simple acoustic opening and with each repeat of the chorus it gets more and more epic and the writing is the strongest of the track list, really great closer!!

As far as Hard rock records go this year this is one of the better ones and should make fans happy:))

tracks ranked:
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone