Slint - Spiderland
Jul 11, 2020
[July Challenge] July 11

I have put this album on hold for about two years now for a reason. In my first listen back in late 2018, I brushed it off with not a single thought that it could be redeemed due to its loud nature. The next few times that I tried to listen to this collection of songs, it had put me into such a bad headspace which made me stop listening halfway through the album. I now know why I only give perfect scores to albums that destroy at least a part of my perception in how I see the world. Spiderland is harsh and big, it does not fail in stating the most bitter moments in its lyricism. After reading the lyrics for the first time, this not only scares me but in a way further proves how numb I used to feel the first time I listened to it. My favorite tracks would definitely have to be all of them, as most perfect albums tend to be for me. Everything about this just works and doesn't at the same time. I'll probably give a more detailed review in the future, but for now I'm keeping this up for the challenge.
Jul 11, 2020
nosferatu man is my favorite. great review
Jul 12, 2020
thank you! it is a really haunting track
Atrocityblubber