Morrissey - I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
Mar 20, 2020
First of all fuck Morrissey, he's an ignorant, racist, piece of human shit.

However, I am one of those people who separate art from the artist...when I can. Sometimes you can't, like when watching an old Louie C.K. bit about how much he likes jerking off or listening to Michael Jackson sing "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," stuff like that is too distracting. That happens once on this album for me on the titular track, "I Am Not a Dog on a Chain," where Morrissey sings about how he doesn't listen to the media and thinks for himself. Which would be FINE, if I didn't know him "thinking for himself," was saying stuff like "everybody prefers their own race," and that immigrants are rapists, and that the Muslim mayor of London doesn't know how to talk properly. It ruins the message of the song for me, which sucks because without that background knowledge it'd probably be the best song on the album.

All of that being said, overall the project is half decent. It's like most Morrissey albums. It's got a couple of really good songs, and then it's got a ton of decent but forgettable tracks, and then it has one or two garbage songs.

Favorite Track: Jim Jim Falls
Worst Track (No, not least favorite, worst): The Secret of Music
Mar 20, 2020
What did Morrissey do to be difined "an ignorant, racist, piece of human shit"? I'm legit asking, i don't know much about his private life
Mar 20, 2020
I also genuinely don't know what he did to be labeled as such. I also know jack all about his personal life.
Mar 20, 2020
@DonatoBurroni @th_initiator He has supported far right movements, he released a shirt labeled "I wear black on the outside 'cause black is how I feel on the inside" and labeled Chinese people as a subspecies.
Mar 20, 2020
There is a thing called google. If you want to know, it's pretty easy to find out.
Mar 21, 2020
@plats jeez... that's rough
Mar 23, 2020
@dareg stop with this morrissey acting, son.
Mar 24, 2020
@vanzin Not your son, buddy. Maybe you should focus on rating albums while on this site
RickSalix