Rosalía - El Mal Querer
Nov 3, 2018
Definitely an intriguing album with some groovy moments, but maybe it's because I'm not really used to what it is, I don't find it to be that enjoyable. Sounds kinda like a mix of latin pop and kpop to me, but the more traditionally influenced moments saved the album.
Flamenco =/= Latin pop
Both music genres are very different.
Nov 4, 2018
No please, nothing to do with K-Pop, it's Flamenco Pop with touches of Urbano (reggaeton, trap, etc)
Nov 4, 2018
Please elaborate on how this sounds like K-pop in any way? Now I am curious..
Translation: it's not In Rainbows so 0/10
Nov 5, 2018
@Leo_AV @Inglume kpop has a lot of trap influences, but it is usually more colorful and energetic than trap. Pretty similar to how this album used trap.
Nov 5, 2018
@vas_y_vienes I said Latin Pop as a generalization because this album has a lot of pop appeal despite its flamenco influences. I'm not gonna call myself an expert of those genres though, because I'm not really familiar with them at all... maybe that's why this album is a 6.7/10 right now lmao
Nov 7, 2018
euh many people says "oh flamence OMG so good" hum if this is flamenco ... Flamenco is way more intense (not just clapping hands and wearing a typical dress haha). I saw live version of rosalia and unfortunaly flamenco's spirit isn't here. I just see here some good moments with heavy ugly autotune and flat flamenco part.
Nov 7, 2018
@WildChameleon because its pop with flamenco influence not flamenco in its pure form. Obviously Rosalia is not trying to be Camarón de la Isla.
Nov 7, 2018
I don't think that pop + flamenco mean that flamenco will be less intense. It could have been really more interesting to take a boldest direction.
Nov 7, 2018
Well, Rosalía have her own way to express her art, remember she's more urban than gipsy.
Btw i think you need to listen it like a pop art album with flamenco influence, not a flamenco album with pop influence.
Nov 8, 2018
dude i'm a spanish OG speaker and i find this boring af. It's definitely not the cultural barrier.
Nov 9, 2018
em always brings the honest takes
Nov 10, 2018
I don't need to listen an album to a certain way. I'm really not into "calculating" my listenings.
Pamford45