Charli XCX - Charli
Aug 18, 2019 (updated 1d ago)
I'm scared that this is TOO good :( Every single has been good as fucking fuck

After Listening:
I have to wake up at 6:40 am, and here I am at 1 a.m. listening to this and writing this review.

If you already don't know, Charli XCX is a British singer/songwriter that has co-written hits such as Señorita by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello. She is one of my favorites artists of this generation, her imagination is so grand, I could die in it. It starts with one of my least favorite tracks off of it, Next Level Charli. After that, it has one of the best 5-track stretches this year. We have Gone, a phenomenal song and the chemistry between Chris & Charli is other-worldly. Next we have Cross You Out, a weaker track, but still amazing track with a hook that could get stuck in your head for days. 1999 comes after, and it's one of the funnest songs this year, or last year I guess. The nostalgia references are great, and the video.. "Charli's Up in this Bitch, Charli's up in this bitch" Click comes next, it's fun, I need more time to digest it, but for now, it's a banger and a half. Warm is next, and it's so fucking catchy. Even though this song is about a serious topic, like failed relationships and infidelity, the song could get stuck in your head for weeks. It's definitely a grower in my opinion , after you get used to it, it's incredible. Even though I've been praising this album for hours, I still have some problems with this album. Charli's solo tracks are definitely the weakest and more forgettable cuts in the tracklist, except for White Mercedes, Silver Cross & I Don't Wanna Know, which shows something I don't wanna admit. Charli works better with multiple people, and it's visible. The only three (edit: now four) bad songs on here are solo Charli track (edit: and 2099), and that's kinda sad ngl. But these issues are saved by pop bangers like Click, Shake It & Blame It On Your Love.

Overall this was a great continuation to the PC Music inspired sound that Charli is going for, and is definitely a step in the right direction, but it definitely could be better, and Charli has proved that before, with amazing outputs like Vroom Vroom and Pop 2.

Favorites: Gone, Cross you out, 1999, Click, Warm, BIOYL, White mercedes, Silver Cross, IDWK, Shake It, February 2017

Edit: Nvm, 2099 sucks ass, but February 2017...
Aug 27, 2019
why cant I like this comment?
Shhhhh. No one has to know she co-wrote "Señorita". Let's forget that.
how is official not a favourite omg :(
2099 was a really disappointing track :/