Nicki Minaj - The Pinkprint
Oct 21, 2019 (updated Oct 22, 2019)
welcome to this review of me going insane in the track ratings section, hope you enjoy:

onika maraj, better known as nicki minaj, is a rapper born in trinidad and tobago but raised in queens, new york, and she was probably my favorite female rapper for a while, but after maturing and going through her discography, sometimes she can be mediocre/trash as HELL, like on this album.

she started out her career in 2007, releasing a couple of mixtapes that were well received by critics like "playtime is over" and "beam me up scotty". these mixtapes led to her meeting lil wayne and getting signed to his label "young money", that has propelled many artists to the mainstream like drake and nicki herself.

after signing to "young money", nicki released her debut studio album, "pink friday" in 2010. pink friday is sort of the definition of pop rap. nicki raps on some tracks like a beast like on "roman's revenge", and is pretty personal on "right thru me" and "your love", is catchy as hell like on "moment 4 life", and is just having fun on "check it out". though being a pretty good album, it does have its flaws. "did it on 'em" is... something, it's definitely something: "mAn I jUsT sHiTtEd On Em". "im the best" is just a big fat cock suck party for nicki. the song sounds awfully dated it actually makes me nauseous. "save me" is just forgettable and "here I am" is the same as "save me".

two years after her darn good debut, nicki comes back with pink friday: roman reloaded, and all i can say is "...h". that album was a COMPLETE let down compared to pink friday. it's not as oddly charismatic, fun, personal, and just overall satisfying pop rap album. it's just... bland and annoying. like i said in my review, songs like "roman holiday", c-"come on a cone" (um), "automatic".. make for the worst songs on the album and overall of 2012. the album still has some pretty good songs like "starships" and "pound the alarm", which use elements from EDM in a way that is actually bearable, and nicki's rapping on "HOV lane" and "champion" and even at some points "roman holiday" is pretty good, but these positives aren't enough to save the whole album from its negatives.

ok so, the year is 2014, nicki minaj releases her third studio album, the pinkprint, and oh my God is it fucking horribly pretentious and inconsistent. like nicki tries to mash together an album with bangers, ballads, pop features, hip hop features... NICKI! MAKE! UP! YOUR MIND! like have an album of bangers alone, and an album of ballads alone, don't try to mix and match the two. it doesn't make it diverse, it makes it a big fat, shitty mess of sounds that don't cooperate.

all things go: i appreciate nicki minaj's "open-ness", with her revealing that she got an abortion in her teenage years, and referencing her cousin's murder near his home, but the song's sound itself is just bland and the track overall is long-winded: 2.5/10

I lied: i dont even fucking remember this track because of it forgettability, but I remember it being bland pop that is dEEp: 1/10

the crying game:
nobody:
nicki minaj: *copies and pastes I lied's sound word for word* - 1/10

get on your knees: "ahhh, ariana grande and nicki minaj, the best duo of all time" said no one ever. this song is just an add on to the album to have a feminist and "gRl PoWeR" song on the album. it doesn't add anything to the concept of the album, if it even has one, and just sounds... UGHXHDJD: 2/10

feeling myself: ok i guess this song isn't TOO bad compared to the rest of the album, but it doesn't make it a masterpiece. when nicki said: "shoots like a LASERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR prrr" I felt that. its cool that when beyonce says "world stop... carry on" its next year, im going insane, stop me stop me STOP ME STO-: 4.5/10

only: finally, an actual good song. this song is a banger i dont care what you say. i know some of the lyrics my be dumb ("My man full, he just ate, I don't duck nobody but tape
Yeah, that was a setup for a punchline on duct tape" ; "She was sitting down on that big butt
But I was still staring at the titties though") but any trap banger has to have dumb lyrics so. chris brown aka piece of shit delivers a pretty memorable hook, but drake and lil wayne's verses could be a little better: 8/10

want some more: EEEEREREEEREEEEEREEEREEEEE. how did I used to like this track, im stupid im stupid im stupid im stupid im stupid im stupid im stupid im stu- 1/10

four door aventador & favorite: im putting these two together because: 1. i want to finish this review as quick as possible because im lazy, and 2. there is no 2. so. fda is a pretty good banger with a pretty "experimental" beat for an artist like nicki which has pretty mediocre taste in beats. the track and hook gives me sort of a 90's hip hop vibe, more specifically like a raunchier female version of biggie (im not comparing the two, im just pointing out an observation I have, the two are obviously not on the same level). favorite is a pretty good love song featuring jeremih sounding like swae lee but as a child, but in a good way. nicki has a pretty performance, she's pretty personal and sounds pretty good, and her singing is not as mediocre as the last few albums she's released. the beat sounds great too: fda: 8.3/10 ~ favorite: 8.5/10

buy a heart: who is she? : 1/10

trini dem girls: at first listens, I kind of enjoyed the vibe goes for, a more tropical and house inspired song, but after a few more listens, I realized how fast it got redundant and flat out annoying it is: 4/10

anaconda: h o e b a n g e r t h a t i d o n ' t l i k e b e c a u s e i ' m n o t a h o e i t h i n k u w u: 5/10

the night is still young: THIS SONG IS GOOD OK :'( nicki's first verse is actually one of her best flow wise, she sounds relaxed but confident at the same time. the pop hook ACTUALLY SUITS HER FOR ONCE. i actually think the song is a screaming banger pls don't judge me im 13 :''''( - 8.3/10

pills n potions: i remember this track being so much better. WHAT HAPPENED?!,!??!?!!? in my actual mindset, this track is a boring laid back rnb track. nicki sounds 1/4th asleep on this track, and a bitch like me doesn't like that: 4/10

bed of lies: REEEEERJUDISKSNSKSOOQMAKZOMWJRBRKZOWNSJO THIS TRACK WAS SO GOOD BACK IN 2016, WUT HAPPENED JDJDJDJNDKELWMWNSLLWNSKSONDJDKDBXNDBDIDNJDDKK: 2/10

grand piano: *me and nicki in the same classroom*
me: psss. PSSSAZNDJDJFB
nicki: wuT
me: I need to let you in on a little secret, come closer
nicki: *comes closer*
me: you're voice.. can't hold ONE...FUCKING...NOTE
nicki: *sprays me with insect killer spray while screaming: "ROACHES". then i found out she went on queen radio to eXpOsE me* 1/10

overall, (in gradeaundera voice) FUCK THIS ALBUM AND IT DESERVES TO BURN IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF THE RED SATANIC HELL.

favorites: only, four door aventador, favorite, the night is still young
Oct 21, 2019
Truffle Butter (the bonus track) is the better version of Only because there's no Christopher Browning and Wayne's verse is a lot better.
Oct 21, 2019