Bladee - EXETER
Apr 8, 2020
the bladee project is absolutely horrendous. every time i hear about a new bladee album, i always tell myself that "i will enjoy a bladee album this time" or "this one's gonna be great i'm sure", but i always come out of it, feeling like i've wasted my time and my hope, and in this case, i feel like this is most i've been disappointed by a bladee project. i was actually pretty hyped for this, especially after listening to girls just want to have fun, which is easily my favorite bladee song, period. the production was great, vocal performances are awesome, and is just one hell of a banger (maybe because it doesn't sound like a bladee lol, but anyways)... then i realized it wasn't on the album, and after listening to it i know why..
me thinking bladee was going to go in a different direction is quite a stupid move for me to take. since when did bladee ever feel like he wanted to switch things us and try something new? exactly, never, but in the case of exeter, it's not even the good kind of bladee. something about it just feels... odd. it doesn't feel like a bladee album, but it is most definitely the bladee sound. and i think what made feel this uncomfortability is the production. now, what mostly makes me enjoy some of bladee's music is the really atmospheric and sort of vibey beat selection. however, the production on exeter feels empty. i would say skeletal is word i would use. it doesn't have the same energy and pazazz that it usually has, and just feels like it's on the verge of just falling down on the ground. and this musical void bleeds into the music, and makes it sounds really, and i mean really awkward. bladee's autotune to oblivion voice does not mix well with this "twinkle"-y with minimal drums production. the only feature in sight is ecco2k on two tracks, and on those two tracks, he eats bladee UP, with a good flow, better chemistry with the production, overall having a way better performance.
this album angered me so much that i had to write down my batshit insane thoughts about it down, so here they are, enjoy <3:

I HATE IT I WANNA DECAPITATE IT A GUILLOTINE GOD I HATE IT IT IT IT WHY DOES IT HAVE TO EXIST FUCK YOU BLADEE WHY WASTE 18 MINUTES OF MY LIFE I FUCKING HATE YOUR GUTS IM GOING TO STAB YOU YOU YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT WHORE BITCH STREET SHITTER I HOPE YOU WOULD JUST VANISH FROM EXISTENCE YOU WASTE OF OXYGEN CLOUD RAP PUSSY ASS BUTCB I WANNA TAKE THIS ALBUM AND THROW IT IN THE DEEPEST PART OF HELL LETTING IT BURN BRUN BURN I FUCKING HATE YOU HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJHHHHZHZHZHZHHZHZSAAS

---Best Tracks: NONE LITERALLY NONE
---Worst Tracks: All of it, but if I had to choose, it'd be every moment special.
Apr 8, 2020
You may delete the review, but you cannot delete the memory.
Apr 10, 2020
L
Apr 10, 2020
[hidden]
Apr 11, 2020
But... he did switch his style up. A lot actually lol. None of the tracks on here sound much of anything like bladee’s previous work, gluee is really the only comparable project style wise.
May 10, 2020