Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
May 8, 2016 (updated May 8, 2016)
Radiohead is an interesting band. Every album feels like a reinvention of the Radiohead sound, with them jumping between electronic music, folk, and straightforward rock every few years. If you asked me to pin down what Radiohead sounded like, I would be hard-pressed to describe them. I can describe what their albums sound like, but can not apply a consistent label to the band as whole.

But with A Moon Shaped Pool I think I can finally do it. This is what Radiohead sounds like. Decades of identity crises and nine albums into their career, Radiohead has finally settled down on a definitive identity as a band. And it is breathtaking.

Radiohead, the band that has gotten many of us (including myself) through some of our hardest times and the turmoil of our era, has always been about hope. Hope that one day, through all the despair and destruction around us, we will find true love; love that spans beyond romance to love of our fellow-men and love of our planet, hiding in the haunted attics of our life.
May 9, 2016
I like your review, especially the end which truly resumes what I think about AMSP : " Hope that one day, through all the despair and destruction around us, we will find true love; love that spans beyond romance to love of our fellow-men and love of our planet, hiding in the haunted attics of our life. "

English isn't my first language, but I don't know if I can say such beautiful things in French.

May 9, 2016