Run the Jewels - RTJ4
Jun 3, 2020 (updated Jun 4, 2020)
2020 MUST HEAR ALBUM #19

I'm a bit lost for words really... Run The Jewels have just released their best project so far and one of the most entertaining Hip Hop projects I've heard in a long while.

I'm not sure where to start really but I guess I'll go with the production. El-P has always been one of the most consistently impressive producers in Hip Hop and this is easily the best produced album he's ever worked on in my eyes. The abrasiveness, uneasiness and sheer power of every single instrumental just leaves me in a trance like state. I've listened to this album a few times already and during each listen, my ears are glued to every single beat and every single line from El-P and Killer Mike, who absolutely destroy every track. On previous Run The Jewels albums I've usually found myself more engaged and impressed by El-P's verses (not a dig at Killer Mike who's always been consistently great, El-P just always blew it out of the water for me), yet on this album, even more so than on previous releases, they really are one unit. They're both more lyrically focused, intense and impressive than I've ever heard them before and they play to the strengths of every single instrumental with performances that will have me coming back to this album again and again.
Last but not least, I have to mention how absolutely perfect the features on this album are, every one of them is equally entertaining, play to Run The Jewels sound perfectly, yet they're subtle enough to not take the spotlight away from El-P and Mike. This is easily my favourite rap album of the year, take a bow Run The Jewels.

Relationship ended with 'Fetch the Bolt Cutters', now 'RTJ4' is my album of the year.
N0stalgia's Tags
Jun 3, 2020
PREACH
Aug 5, 2020
Album best ever dope year new
Z_KIIRO
Good News
BTS - BE
BTS
BE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.