Selena Gomez - Rare
Jan 11, 2020
I'm generally quite optimistic when it comes modern mainstream pop, perhaps more so than I should be
I tend to be disappointed a lot more than I am pleasantly surprised and this is seriously a disappointment. I seen some decent reviews for this thing and I had some hope for this to be decent. It's not. It is one of the worst things I've heard in a while. It's hard for me to be overly critical of modern pop as it just seems like a low blow for me, it's obviously not supposed to be anything spectacular but there still is a way to make the genre fresh (Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Carly Rae Jepsen, etc.). This is not that. This is dogshit. If I was to use a food preparation metaphor: this is a serving of the most uninspired melodies I've heard in a while, blended with embarrassingly awful lyrics, all sprinkled with freshly picked unbelievably boring production. Seriously there were few tracks on here that were so unfathomably awful I didn't have the guts to finish them. Avoid this. At all costs.
oof