My Chemical Romance - The Foundations of Decay
May 12, 2022 (updated May 12, 2022)
(EDIT: 62 > 82, this may be my biggest jump in score ever. I actually looked into the lyrics on a relisten and it actually grew on me, i still stand by the mixing is weirdly fucked however the rest of this song sounded amazing in the context od Gerard's amazing song writing. I think i was expecting something black parade but instead they gave us something new. I'll leave the old review for comparison bewteen my thoughts, overall a great, albiet compressed to shit, song)

Who let this mixing fly man

This song is a comeback song after fucking FOREVER since they dropped and yet theres something here that could make for a great new album if they decided to drop. Sadly it's stifled by the blantent faulty mixing, the first half has a payoff that is mixed so poorly it feels flatter than a pancake. Also where the fuck is Gerard, he's mixed so low that i don't even know when hes singing half the time and i had the volume maxed. The second half saved it by actually being much heavier in sound but the vocals still stayed mixed like shit. If this got re-mixed it could maybe be a great song but currently its stifled by it. I will still listen to the album though.

2w
the mixing is just weird, like its all stereo shaped weird or something. I like the quiet vocals but like when i listen on headphones it doesnt feel like the music is in the center of me, it feels like all the music is coming from left and right, and thats typically not how headphones sound to me.
2w
@Riskr i haven't listened in headphones yet but if thats the case I'm not usually a fan of that. Ill try to listen but thats definitely an oldschool music thing thats i wonder why they doing it