Alexandra Savior - The Archer
Jan 10, 2020
The first song has this bittersweet soft piano melody that really moves the heart, I believe the song really kicks in when she starts singing, she has a really great voice, the second track has this guitar that has a more sinister aspect to it, sounding a bit more old western, she matches her voice with the beat quite excellently to might I add, it comes together in a twisted harmony to put it the best way I can, the third beat feels more somber and tuned, calmed in a way, the mixing feels weird, as her voice has this electronic muffled sound to it, it's weird but it honestly kind of works in this weird way I really can't explain. Send Her Back has this jazzy sound to it that woke me up to the fullest, reminding me of songs by Maroon 5 when they made good music, her vocals as usual sound on point, but I believe that this album really falls short in how the lyrical value gets undercut in a way, by the production, your mind gets so unravelled in it all, you get distracted from the lyrical content, that is, until we get to track 6, where the Beat is more somber and quiet again like the first track, you get that opportunity to focus on the words again, nothing feels overshadowed, this song and track 1 are the perfect songs to get someone into this record, track 7 goes back to what the rest of the album has been, WHICH BY NO MEANS IS BAD, I feel that the structure of the beats overshadowing the words is for sure something to be fixed, but this album produces a lot if beautiful songs that I see myself relistening to. The album has some aspect of Lana Del Ray's sound to it, which I don't believe is bad, but I do like the idea of seeing her grow her sound out more.

NOTE: Rating may vary, these are just my first listen thoughts
Jan 10, 2020