Doves - The Universal Want
Despite this album looking very intriguing with such an ominous cover and a thought-provoking title, this project is stuck in a vast sea of undercooked ideas. To start it was half unlistenable being that the vocals were a little too quiet for my liking compared to the instrumentals they are shoved behind. For what they were, much of the instrumentals lacked dynamic and consisted of too many common or reoccurring patterns. Instrumentally the drums sounded low quality and I can't say much else about the instrumentals because there wasn't anything interesting to focus on or talk about. I am unfamiliar with Doves the band but considering this is their first project in 11 years, this is rather embarrassing and a weak start to a supposed revival. Vocally I wasn't impressed by any capacity, the singing wasn't bad yet I have nothing good to say about it. Though I don't expect music from Doves for a while, if there is something to come next, I hope they finish and perfect their ideas, a lot of these ideas could easily be flipped around and made into something special.

Color: Orange and Purple
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone