Deep Sea Diver - Impossible Weight
What a wonderful alt-rock album! This is my first introduction to Deep Sea Diver and I am hooked. The band has the production of Lucy Dacus and the vocals are even more powerful than bands such as Wild Paintings. Before I even review this thing, that album cover is so goddamn gorgeous, the color scheme and space are perfect. I love how focused yet distinct this record is altogether. To start, the production is super punchy. The drums are vivid, the guitar is distorted and so crispy it's beautiful. Even some synth work on here that sounds really nice. Really great buildups add onto the really great rhythms and the climaxes are just spectacular. I don't think any songs ever hit their highest points but all came pretty damn close. There is definitely room for more distortion and louder and messier singing to really reach the climax points to their fullest. Plus, with such raw instrumentation, it just sounds so pretty. The vocal work is pretty great too, very minimal hesitation ever and the vocalist Jessica Dobson has a really distinct voice. The closest album that I could compare this to is 'Punisher' by Phoebe Bridgers because the thing that is so great about 'Punisher' is that it always hits its climax yet it follows the same line while still being versatile and this record almost did the same exact thing. It is so close to perfection, there is no doubt in my mind the next record can't be perfect. While lyrically it lacked a bit, I will cut it some slack for being so sonically pleasant. Overall really strong project.

Color: Dark Colors and Red
Favorite Tracks: Shattering The Hourglass, Lights Out, Switchblade, Hurricane, Eyes Are Red, People Come People Go, Lightning Bolts
Worst Tracks: None!
review is a certified cool/10
@tokq thank you very much 😎
rckrdd