Benny The Butcher - Burden of Proof
Oct 22, 2020
Probably one of the strongest Griselda records this year. I love Buffalo rap, especially projects that come out of Griselda. While Benny The Butcher was not high on my radar at first due to features I found to be a bit uninspired, he has overcome my notion. Benny is one of the greater of the label. While his voice is not very unique, he can definitely spit bars, his delivery is his strongest feature. With a good vocal presentation, the production complimented it well. Being that Hit-Boy produced most of this one, the sample choice was very different than Flygod and though it doesn't have the traditional Griselda charm, it was so refreshing. Flygods samples kept getting worse and worse with every release, each sample was sad, boring, and looped. The production here provided a lot more dimension and a lot more compressed moments that I love to see! With production stepping up more, so did the overall quality and vibe. Lyrically not crazy sticky and memorable but I know he had a lot of decent bars. One of the better Griselda releases of 2020, thank god.

Color: Light Gray
Favorite Tracks: Burden Of Proof, Famous, Timeless, Over The Limit, War Paint, Legend
Worst Tracks: None!
Good News
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.