The Microphones - Microphones in 2020
Aug 6, 2020
Wow. I’m genuinely speechless. Phil Elverum has been such an important part of my life, especially as of late his genuine and heartwrenching songwriting has hit me harder than ever before. And these biographical lyrics, reflecting on his life, has hit me SO hard.

This album had so much passion poured into it, I felt captured and trapped in the ingenious mind of Phil Elverum. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about an album on my first listen. Thank you, Phil. Seriously. Thank you for sharing your life with me, thank you for making me feel like I’m okay, thank you for taking me along your journey, thank you for everything.

You’ve helped me through so much, offering an open hand and allowing me to learn how to accept who I am and helping me get through the toughest of times. Your music has seriously touched me, something so rare for any artist. I can tell you this song will be on repeat for days.

Anyways, this is just a short review, and I’m about to listen to this again, I’m so happy this is how the microphones concluded, it felt so necessary and perfect. The way Phil incorporated old lyrics and references into the song was beautiful, and so justified, I feel bad reviewing an album purely based on my emotions, but I knew from the minute the introduction started I would adore this. I hope this review was somewhat cohesive, to be fair I am writing this just as I finished listening. Phil, once again, thank you. I can’t wait to listen to this again. You’re my hero.

P.S. thank u for trying to type each location in the chat lol love ya Phil! Also, where were the foghorns!!!

I want to do a proper review of this - but as for now you have my first thoughts on the album (:
Comments