Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Jul 8, 2019 (updated Aug 11, 2020)
i kinda wanna use this album as an example into how I rate old and revolutionary music. I'll also use Velvet Underground's White Light as an example too. So, I personally don't rate albums with the date in mind. I'm aware music technology is limited the further back you go, but this doesn't really matter to me, as quality has no date i guess. But along with less ways to make music, there are obviously less ideas and inspirations you could build songs around.
Saying all that, I think this is possibly the most revolutionary Jazz album of all time, but imo it is in no way perfect, but I can't really fault it honestly. I don't know if rating music without the context of the date is correct. If i listened to this in 1959, this would probably be an 100. But knowing how much Jazz sounds like it, I can't say this sounds unique to me, even though I know this predates nearly everything I could say sounds like this. But still, I feel the fact this doesn't sound all too unique is my biggest issue with the album.
So, White Light / White Heat is an album by Velvet Underground and is i'm fairly certain the first instance of noise rock ever, correct me if i'm wrong. However, unlike Kind of Blue sadly, I can't name anything that sounds like it. Even though both of these albums are a template for future generations to perfect and put their ideas onto, I don't think anything sounds like White Light. How many Sister Ray's exist? How many The Gift's have been made? How many Lady Godiva's Operation's are out there? These songs stand out on their own, without the context of time, 100 years from now I doubt anyone could made another Sister Ray. But with Kind of Blue and a lot of groundbreaking albums in all honestly, I don't find them all that special without needing to separate the time it was created in.

TL:DR
I'm a zoomer

best track:
worst track

2y
This review fucking blows why did you write this garbage?
good review