La Dispute - Panorama
Mar 22, 2019
Bravo, La Dispute.

These guys are possibly my favorite emo band of all time, and that is solely because of the masterpiece that is Wildlife. I went into Panorama incredibly excited, yet expecting to be disappointed. After all, how could you live up to such a perfect album? The two albums they released in between Wildlife and Panorama could barely stack up, so in the age of rock-gone-"atmospheric"-pop, how does La Dispute fare?

Astoundingly, Panorama is looking like one of the band's best releases yet. I know I mocked rock bands trying to be "atmospheric" earlier, but by that I meant bands like 30STM that pretend synthesizers = atmosphere. Panorama is encapsulating in the same way Wildlife was, but it's not a carbon copy. It does, however, carry over some of the very best qualities of that album that may have been absent on Rooms of the House and Tiny Dots.

This thing really is excellent. Consider me blown away.
Mar 23, 2019
Umm if you're referring to Tiny Dots as one of those two albums, it wasn't a studio album. Just saying..
Mar 24, 2019
@Evrimen yeah i shouldve phrased it better, i just meant in the time period those albums were released