Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
REALLY GOOD

Are we listening to the same album?

I was thrilled when I realized today was the day that Age of Unreason was being released. I was just gonna listen to Suffer for the 1,307,955th time this week when I saw this was out. Maybe it's just because Bad Religion is one of my favorite bands, but I don't think this is nearly as lifeless or generic as other people seem to. It comes in swinging with the fantastic opening suite that is the first four tracks: Chaos from Within, My Sanity, Do The Paranoid Style, and The Approach are all great openers that are some of the best songs on the album. Then, however, comes Lose Your Head. If the entire album was like this, I'd get why it has such a negative reception. Luckily, though, that rough spot seems to get paved over by the following tracks and it gets back to the good stuff. It's not the best Bad Religion album, but I think it was worth the wait. Really good album.
May 3, 2019
I guess this album is really polarizing then. There's some scores which suggest it's really good/great and scores that suggest it's bad/terrible. Really interesting.
May 3, 2019
@thomasny18 That seems to be a trend among some Bad Religion releases. But hey, I'm definitely biased in favor of them.