Yung Schmoobin - Eat, Sleep, Flex, Repeat
Mar 29, 2020
GOOD

Eat, Sleep, Flex, Repeat was a surprisingly fun listen. I often lump Flex Entertainment releases in with AOTY users' music, mainly because I hate reviewing both (I've already said this but for anyone who's unaware it's just because all the reviews are the fuckin same and I don't like ending every sentence with BUT IT'S GOT LIKE SOOO MUCH POTENTIAL) but also because the label's got such a notorious presence here. I won't get into details since we all know what's up with these guys and everyone's sick of hearing about them, but they've definitely been cleaning up their act as of late. Less low-effort shit and more quality music, such as Kid Phang's self-titled EP from last year and now this! There's tons of actually great production on this tape--specifically the beats for Demonetized, Universal Flex, and the unexpectedly heartfelt Ss2 / Gone. Lots of energy and way more talent than one may expect from this label. Don't go into the tape expecting clipped-to-hell meme trap, just go in expecting a fun, pretty humorous project. You'll be surprised by the directions Schmoobin takes here.

Some of my only issues with Eat, Sleep, Flex, Repeat lie in the mic quality. It's not always horrible, but it's inconsistent, especially the features. Schmoobin's mic quality is usually fine, but most of the guest verses sound worse. The tracklist itself is also pretty inconsistent, with some great songs and some okay ones. Demonetized, Universal Flex, and Ss2 / Gone are the absolute best, no question. Great tunes. Then there are good songs like the title track, Ex Want Sum Clout, Hippity Hoppity, Money Mystery, Choral on Choral, and tracks that probably could've been cut like Meningitis. I actually don't mind East (Interlude) that much; it's not a favorite or anything, but it's fun in the moment and adds to the charming vibe. As a whole, though, these issues don't bother me that much. It's a super fun mixtape that I recommend, even if you've previously hated Flex Entertainment releases.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR FANS OF: Lil Mosquito Disease, Pink Guy, Big Baller B, Kid Phang, Lil Dicky, Lil B

Favorite tracks: title track, Hippity Hoppity, Money Mystery, Demonetized, Universal Flex, Ss2 / Gone

Least favorite tracks: Meningitis

(Comedy Rap, Trap Rap, Pop-Rap, Cloud Rap, Experimental Hip Hop, Spoken Word)
Mar 29, 2020
this review is good but not as good as what's gonna be day of drone!!!!
Mar 29, 2020
@oh that is true (COUGH) FOLLOW THE DAY OF DRONE EVERYONE (COUGH)