EDIT: FANTASTIC

Okay, so I was definitely overrating it a bit with a perfect score, but I think rating it a 0 and calling it the worst music you've ever heard is a bit of a stretch. Opinions and all that, but I highly disagree. I'm personally a huge fan of noisecore, so Canada Songs appeals to me the most out of every Daughters album. It takes the tropes of noisecore to the extreme, creating a short but sweet explosion of energy and aggression. I like all the other Daughters albums, but this is still my favorite. I'll admit that it doesn't have much variety, but that doesn't really bother me, especially at its short runtime. I go into noisecore/grindcore albums like this just looking for a fun overall sound, as opposed to having a consistently memorable tracklist (these genres, by design, don't really allow for standout tracks due to the lack of traditional song structures; exceptions apply, see The Locust).

I really like the vocals here. Grindcore vocals can sometimes get same-y, but these stand out from the rest of the screamin' boy crew. They sound like the maniacal ramblings of a man who hasn't had a coherent thought in decades, but feels like he has something really important to say. They also lock into the riffs really well during the MOST mathcore-influenced bits. Their other albums were more ambitious and varied, but personally, Canada Songs remains my favorite just due to taste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR FANS OF: The Locust, The Dillinger Escape Plan, fucked up version of Converge

Favorite tracks: Fur Beach, I Slept With Daughters..., And Then The C.H.U.D.S. Came, Mike Morowitz..., I Don't Give a Shit About Wood..., Pants Meet Shit, The Ghost With The Most

Least favorite tracks: None

(Noisecore, Grindcore, Mathcore, Noise Rock)

original review (3/3/19): My favorite Daughters album went from their newest to their oldest in like a day lol (original score: 100)
Feb 16, 2020
THIS THIS THIS. Truly do not understand all the hate for this record.
Feb 16, 2020
@DevinONeill im guessing most of it has come from people who came from ywgwyw and have no experience with noisecore or grindcore
Feb 16, 2020
Yeah that could be. It's a shame tho cause as far as mathcore goes this album bangs.
Feb 16, 2020
@DevinONeill yeah seriously it goes HARD

have you listened to anything by The Locust? some of their music is kinda like this album but weirder and more fucked up
Feb 17, 2020
I've heard a few songs by em here and there but I haven't gotten around to a full album. I'll definitely be sure to try some of their stuff!
Feb 17, 2020
@DevinONeill they make some great music highly recommend em! their album Plague Soundscapes is my favorite grind album ever released
thomasny18