Jay Reatard - Blood Visions
Jun 18, 2019
EDIT: PERFECT

I don't know why I didn't give Blood Visions a 10/10 upon my first listen, because that's what I felt. Ever since I first heard this, I knew I had discovered a new all-time favorite. Every song is a masterpiece; the whole thing a perfect storm of catchy riffs, choruses...catchy everything, really. If you want to learn how to make a short but sweet garage punk album, this is what you need to be studying. I found myself coming back to this multiple times a day, every day for like a week. It's that great.

It's also a pretty well-written concept album. I didn't pick up on it at first, but once I got it, everything clicked and the songs took on an entirely new meaning (especially Turning Blue).

FOR FANS OF: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, PUP, Ty Segall, Royal Headache, Wavves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original review (5/18/19): Blood Visions is a masterful combination of garage punk, pop punk, power pop, and indie rock that is unparalleled by any other artist of his era. Rest in peace, my friend. (original score: 98)
Jun 19, 2019
You convinced me to check this out, it's such a banger of a album!
Jun 19, 2019
@PipePanic it really do be a great record
Reedtard