Depeche Mode - Exciter
Jul 14, 2019
This is one of my most personal albums and is one of the most difficult to explain why it is one of my favorites.

Exciter seen from a historical point of view, was the rebirth of a group that was falling apart because of drugs and personal problems, but if we do not let that influence how we listen to the record, I can be sure that even so there are many arguments defend itself against bad criticism.

It is the most exquisite compendium from Depeche Mode discography, in which they categorically depart from the sound that took them to the top, leaving Mark Bell to influence the way of composing and recording of the entire group. The album abounds in introspective moments, but still there is time to enjoy songs like "The Dead Of The Night" that show their more aggressive side again.

For me it is a fundamental piece in my life, a sign that despite any stumble, love must always be present and help us get up.

P.S. I already know that Gahan has said that it is not one of his best albums. Apparently I enjoy it even more than him.
Jul 14, 2019