BTS - BE
Nov 20, 2020 (updated 2d ago)
I didn’t even feel like listening to this new album or reviewing it cause of how genuinely annoying people were under these reviews. It made me feel like shit for being a fan and liking their music. But I guess I’ll get it over with and be honest with what I feel towards this new album from BTS !!

First, this album was definitely different then their other albums. Yes, they have a different concept for every album they release, BUT I won’t lie here.. this one felt a bit off for me, maybe it’s just me and I didn’t feel the hype as much and did not feel the “Oh shoot BTS has new music, let’s see what they bring to the table and what songs I’ll have on repeat from this album for the upcoming year.” It just felt more as “listen, review and then move on.”

Now let’s get to the vocals, they surprised me a lot. The vocals were good, but sometimes they did not fit the song or the lyrics. The autotune honestly pissed me off and threw it off with some tracks here. I just wish they sounded more raw and real, it would of created more emotion. The autotune made these songs just emotionless and just felt fake. They do have great vocals, no one can deny that. But they did not portray it as well as they did before in past albums, especially in their “Love Yourself” era which was super great.

But of course, can not forget how wonderful the production and quality of these songs are. This is a very upbeat album with super funky and retro type sounds. I did (kinda) enjoy this new sound they have been trying ever since the release of “Dynamite”. It helped me grasp a feel of what direction they would be heading in with the upcoming album “BE”. Lets just say, it wasn’t perfect but it was decent! “Stay” felt a little generic. It was a confusing track overall and felt rushed. I won’t deny, the production was pog on this song. “Stay” felt the most generic out of the rest of the songs, but let’s just stick with generic but also a very upbeat and fun track, yeah? yeah! anyways, A for effort.

Let’s talk about the length of this album.. hm. I did not expect it to be such a small album, I wish they had at least 2 or 3 more songs to fulfill this new concept they have, it would of felt more complete and less rushed into. This album was not as special as past albums to me, but it was genuinely not that bad.

Favorite Tracks : Life Goes On, Fly To My Room and Telepathy

(the autotune was overdone on Telepathy but it was a cool and upbeat song and it made me want to dance at the same time, so.. that makes up for it and made me like it even more after a second listen.)

Least Favorite : Skit, Blue & Grey

Overall, this album is a 78/100 !
Nov 20, 2020
Good review! Don't mind the people making joke reviews. I don't think they actually mean anything by it, since they're just baiting bots for fun. It's always fun to see an unpopular opinion.
pizzagrande