In all honestly, this project ended up being pretty goddamn disappointing to me. I guess my expectations were unrealistic after hearing Higher Self, but that song is just fucking incredible, so I was sad that he didn’t really come close to matching that level of quality. None of the beats are even as good as the instrumental on that track. Navy Blue really isn’t that interesting of an artist, so this is kind of a dull project. I don’t think anything here is bad at all, but there aren’t many moments that really stand out. The production is slightly above average to me overall. I think Navy Blue’s greatest strength when it comes to music is his actual writing, but his flow and delivery often left me wanting more. Ka’s feature is easily the best moment on the entire album in my opinion. It’s definitely worth listening to if you’re one of the many [sLUms]. stans on Music Twitter who seems to think that everyone associated with the lofi seen is a member of that group. I personally don’t regret listening to it because I got a solid handful of enjoyable tracks out of it, but I’d be lying if I said I was completely satisfied. It’s definitely not a bad project to me at all though. It’s just okay.

FULL REVIEW: http://focushiphop.com/2020/02/21/album-review-navy-blue-ada-irin/