Bon Iver - i,i
Aug 8, 2019
Bon Iver's 4th album comes right after his highly expiermental 3rd album '22, A Million' which has some of his best work on there, so when I heard this album was coming out soon, you know your boy was excited. The first song 'iMi' is a very descriptive and personal piece by him. The vocals and atmosphere reminds me of Sufjan Stevens 6th album 'The Age of Adz'. The 2nd song 'We' is one of the shortest and most boring pieces that Bon Iver has made in a long time. Though the ambients at the end are just beautiful. The 3rd song 'Holyfields,' has some of the most pointless lyrics that Bon Iver has ever written, but just like 'We' the ambients are beautiful. The 4th song 'Hey, Ma' has some of the most annoying electronic beats. And from what I am guessing from the title and lyrics, this is a tribute to his mom. Also, the vocals are so whiny and moany. The 5th song 'U' is probably the worst song on the album. Just like 'Hey, Ma' the vocals are SO whiny and moany. The 6th song 'Naeem' is the longest song on the album and the most unnecessary. The song is completely filler and has nothing new to bring to the table. I mean, Bon, we get that you hear crying. The 7th song 'Jelmore' is sort of good, I guess, but it does sound a lot like the first song 'iMi'. The 8th song 'Faith' has such bland songwriting, and it sounds like a 'sad' song made by a Disney Channel star. I do get some Old-School vibes on here, but that doesn't help a lot. Also when he screams he sounds like Lil Dicky a little bit. The 9th song 'Marion' is extremely boring. Like so boring, I almost fell asleep boring. The final part sounds like Illinois era Sufjan Stevens. The 10th song 'Salem' has some of the best ambients on a Bon Iver song ever, but then they have to pull this folky vibes at the 1 minute mark. Nothing really happens other than at on that song. The 11th song 'Sh'Diah' is like Kid A with some folk ambients, and it works pretty well... for most of the time. The 12th song 'RABi' is just filler.

Well, I guess that was the album......... Enjoy!!

Fav Tracks: iMi, Jelmore, Sh'Diah