AOTY 2022
100 gecs - 100 gecs
Feb 27, 2022
I'm glad that 100 gecs matured a lot from their first ep to their first album. First I wanna say that the production feels a lot cheaper than 1000 gecs. The instruments and sfx they choose aren't as quality as the ones on 1000 gecs. They also don't fit as well. I also feel that at times the songs on these album feel really empty. There are things they could add to make the album feel more complete. They add a lot of random sections in songs that don't fit at all and don't work at all and don't sound very good. The comedy doesn't work well.These moments still also happen on 1000 gecs, but I feel like when they use it there they actually sound better and add to the song. These moments on 100 gecs on the other hand, come in at already boring parts and just don't do anything to me. That being said, this is still incredibly interesting music. There are parts that do work well. The melodies are catchy and the vocals are interesting. These songs are very high energy at points and it's really fun to listen to, especially on your first listen. This album really gets you energized.
I recommend this album to people who are already 100 gecs fans. People who haven't listen to stuff like 1000 gecs or Tree of Clues may not like this at first and not understand.
Comments