Moses Sumney - græ
May 12, 2020
Next to TPAB and Homogenic, this is one of the easiest hundreds I have ever given. While I’m grateful for the time I had to become acquainted with part 1 (at first I thought that Cut Me and Colouour were 9s instead of 10s, I was wrong), immediately upon popping part 2 on on vinyl, this album naturally comes full circle. In the vinyl Booklet, there is a page smack dab in the middle of part two which is only half the letters of an explanation of the meaning of the album, and there’s a translucent page you can overlay to reveal the full message. It is titled the Græt in Between. He explains how his mind has changed since aromanticism, and he realized that he was more hurt by romance than an aromantic. This concept is fully fleshed out on the second part of Grae. This is an instant top 5 album of all time for me, and each track will take on the role as my favorite over the coming years I imagine. Some obviously highlights include Polly and Me in 20 Years, but Two Dogs is the sweetest, most profound story I’ve heard told in music about a pet. There’s not a weak moment on this album, and TPAB better watch out as repeat listens have the potential to threaten it as my favorite album of all time. I can already feel it passing Homogenic and my other 100s. Preliminarily, I’ll put it 3rd behind TPAB and Blonde, but time will only tell. One thing is for sure, the 100 will never budge. Timeless, personal masterpiece!
May 14, 2020
A strong statement! But yeah this is a beautiful album mate
May 14, 2020
I know it’s a strong statement but repeat listens the last couple days have made nothing but a stronger case to me. Definitely a top 10 all time for me. Glad you’re enjoying too!
MusicN