Volant - One
Jun 16, 2019
-5 just because each track is 5 minutes. Especially considering that there's NO LYRICS. That really does make this a chore to listen to honesty. But the tracks individually are pretty good. I just wish they were shorter, then this project would be much better.

1. One: 75/100 (Good)
I mean it's an intro. Interesting dynamic. Idk if that's the right word. But it's not something i'd listen to on my free time. Which isn't what it's meant for.

2. 2085 a Space Odyssey: 85/100 (Great)
Some great synth stuff going on here. A very diverse and interesting track. It switches up quite a bit in the 5 minute runtime.

3. Godwave: 77/100 (Good)
Incredibly long intro. Like, way too long. But when you finally get there, it's really good.

4. Go Back Home In Time: 100/100 (Perfect)
The chorus melody is one of the best melodies i've heard. The production is amazing. Pretty much everything about this song is perfect. The hard hitting snare, the eagle sound played in the chorus. Everything just works.

5. Falling: 70/100 (Okay)
The shaker doesn't work well with the rest of the mix. It has great melodies and everything else is really good but that shaker really brings down the rest of the track. It's just an annoyance and makes me reluctant to put this on my playlist.

6. Cosmonaut I: 42/50 (Great)
Scary! Cinematic but scary!

7. Cosmonaut II: 65/100 (Okay)
Good but gets pretty boring. It's just too long.

8. Pulse: 70/100 (Okay)
I will admit it's a good track, just not the sound i like.

9. Heart: 67/100 (Okay)
7 minute runtime. WHY. THIS WOULD BE SO GOOD IF IT WASNT 7 MINUTES.
Jun 18, 2019
man if you hate instrumentals over 5 minutes, then you'd REALLY hate Jon Hopkins
Jul 30, 2019
i dont hate instrumentals over 5 minutes, but if you're going to make a song that long dont just make it the same thing over and over again, that's how i see it
Dec 6, 2019
dude why is it the thing with the length all the time lol
Dec 7, 2019
because the thing with the length is the thing that's easiest to say about the album and im lazy